Push Button Cipher Lock with Passage
$419.06 – $439.28
Security made simple. The Kaba Simplex 1031 is a heavy-duty pushbutton lock designed to withstand high traffic and tough environments. No electronics, wires, or keys to worry about. Features passage mode for code free access during business hours.
For more information or ordering assistance, please call our Commercial Project Specialists at 877-439-5377 ext 9003
- 100% Mechanical HEAVY DUTY push button lock
- Fully bump and pick proof lock
- Thousands of possible codes combinations
- Auto-locking with passage feature (allows door to latch shut, but stay unlocked)
- HEAVY DUTY Latch-bolt with deadlocking plunger
- Covers existing standard ASA 161 door hole
- Fits left and right swinging doors
- All hardware and instructions included with order
- Low maintenance, no batteries or wires
- Fits nearly all hinged doors
- Backset: 2 3/4″ included (2 3/8″ available at checkout) How do I measure?
- 3-year manufacturer warranty
7 3/8 (H) x 3 1/8 (W) x 3 3/16 (D) in.
9 (H) x 3 1/4 (W) in.
1 to 5 Digits
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in., Through-Bolt Hole(s)
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 4 in.
2 3/4 in.
Keypad – Digits
Cast front housing, unified trim plate, Cast knob
3-hour UL/ULC fire rating for A labeled doors
3 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
To activate the passage function on this model:
1. Enter the existing combination.
2. Turn the outside knob clockwise to the stop position and hold it in this position.
3. Keeping the outside knob in its turned position, rotate the passage turn knob or keyed lock to the right clockwise to the horizontal position.
4. Release the outside knob. The passage function is now activated, so the door can be opened without entering a combination.
- Q Can I change the circle knob to one with a handle? answer nowAsked by Nancy Barnett on January 3, 2022 8:30 PMA
You cannot change this to a lever. You would need to purchase the L1031 instead.
- Q Can you set the handle to Locked on the inside, where you would not be able to open it with the c... answer nowAsked by Julia Carmack on October 18, 2021 2:03 PMA
For the privacy lockout feature, you will need the Simplex 1076 model.
- Q How do you change the combination and how many combinations can you chose from? answer nowAsked by Mike Hallmark on August 31, 2021 11:18 AMA
This lock can be programmed with thousands of different combinations. However, only one code can be set at a time.
For instructions on changing the combination, please follow the steps in the link below!
- Q Do you need to turn the knob after you punch in the code to gain access? answer nowAsked by Kristy on October 27, 2020 10:43 AMA
Yes, to gain access you will need to enter the valid access code and rotate the knob below the keypad to open the door.
- Q Does the Simplex 1031 Keyless Push Button Lock w/ Passage reverse direction for a left handle doo... answer nowAsked by Brian Jensen on September 24, 2016 2:56 AMA
It absolutely does. This lock is non-handed, you can install on doors opening to the left or right.