Kwikset SmartCode 909
Electronic Keypad Deadbolt Lock
$97.65 – $115.33
Tell em’ keys are no longer welcome at your home! Missing keys leave you with no good options, and sometimes a high price to pay. Shrewd homeowners value the SmartCode 909 for its superior motor and reduced size. Too many keys have been lost already.
- High security as doors never again need be left open or propped open because you don’t have to worry about keys
- SmartCode deadbolt can replace any standard existing deadbolt in as 5-10 minutes with nothing more than a screwdriver – no hardwiring necessary
- 1 in. Projection deadbolt with steel security strike and 3 in. mounting screws standard
- Weather resistant for interior and exterior use
- Arched design creates a personalized style sure to integrate into any decor. Compliments all Kwikset knob, lever and handlesets
- Interior housing matches front housing in attractiveness
- No extra bore holes required for installation.
- You set your own numerical code (millions of possible choices) to unlock your door
- Program up to 2 different codes of 4-8 digits
- User-friendly operation and it’s EASY – for kids too. Simply enter your code and the deadbolt automatically retracts. To lock, simply push the ‘lock’ button and the deadbolt moves into the secure locked position
- Auto-bolt: Customized automatic door locking after 30 seconds for peace of mind
- Emergency key bypass. Includes SmartKey for increased peace of mind
- Back-lit keypad for increased visibility
- Installation and programming step-by-step instructions included. Quick Reference Guide located under the interior cover
- BumpGuard included to protect against lock bumping
- Battery Operation: Requires 4 AA batteries; appx. 1 year of use at 20 uses/day
- Customizable features including lock status indicators, audible sounds for when keypad is touched for example, and auto-lock after 30 seconds of deadbolt being unlocked
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
Keeps Your Kids Safe
The innovative, do-it-yourself AUTO-BOLT keyless deadbolt lock from Kwikset transforms the way you live. From the moment you change to keyless entry you acquire more power over your life and start saving time. When you need to get somewhere and you’re already running behind, or need to get inside in a hurry, you won’t be frantically searching for your house keys. You can come and go as you please, without asking ‘where did I put those keys.’ The Kwikset SmartCode electronic deadbolt lock makes life easier on working families too. Imagine school let out 30 minutes ago, your meeting won’t end for awhile yet, and your kids telephone you freaking out because somehow they lost the fourth key you entrusted them with in the last 3 months… …and they can’t find the one which you purposefully placed under the faux rock for situations just like this. Now you have to take time off work, rush home, and make sure they are safe. The SmartCode lock takes keys out of the equation altogether. You won’t be interrupted at work, and your kids can make it inside safely.
4.5 (H) x 2.85 (W) x 1.16 (D) in.
7.25 (H) x 3.25 (W) x 1.92 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
4 to 8 Digits
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-40°F – 180°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
32°F – 122°F
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 4 in.
Keypad – Digits
Grade 2 (Better)
Kwikset Recodeable (KW1)
1 Year Electronic, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Answered by the admin
Follow the below to enroll a new access code on the Smartcode 909:
1.) Make sure the door is Open. Press the Program button the number of times that corresponds to the user code position being programmed (1-8).
2.) Enter a new user code between 4 and 8 digits. Up to 8 codes can be enrolled at once.
3.) Press the Lock button once.
4.) One green flash with one beep indicates that the code has been successfully enrolled. Three red flashes mean that the code may already be enrolled or that the lock has reached its 16 code capacity.
- Q Any recommendations for childproofing this lock that doesn’t require someone inside to come and l... answer nowAsked by April 18, 2020 2:10 PMonAnswered by the admin
The best childproofing for this kind of situation would be a double-sided keypad so that a code is needed to exit and to enter. For this model, if the child is tall enough to reach the manual knob, they may be able to unlock the deadbolt.
- Q Does the lock have a limit of times to try? I appear to be “locked out” after entering the wrong ... answer nowAsked by April 11, 2020 8:56 PMonAnswered by the admin
If three incorrect codes are entered within one minute, the lock will enter a 'lockout' state and deny all access for 60 seconds.
- Q Can I program this to match the other Kwikset door lock keys on our home? answer nowAsked by January 18, 2020 10:21 AMonAnswered by the admin
This lock can be programmed to accept the same codes as your other doors. If you would like your current manual key to operate this lock as well, the unit will need to be rekeyed prior to shipping.
- Q Can you have the option of using the key as well? There is a spot for a key, does it do both? Or ... answer nowAsked by December 7, 2019 11:59 PMonAnswered by the admin
This lock does have a manual override key that can be used to access the door.
- Q I'm moving into a model home that has this lock and I would like to change the code which the rea... answer nowAsked by August 27, 2019 2:58 PMonAnswered by the admin
Please follow the guide in the link below to change the access code of this unit.
- Q We just moved into a rental that has this type of door lock. Is there a way to remove the auto-lo... answer nowAsked by August 20, 2019 3:43 PMonAnswered by the admin
The auto-lock feature can be disabled by moving the number 2 sliding switch into the down/off position. This can be found inside the battery compartment on the right-hand side. Simply move the 2nd slider down to disable this feature.