Kwikset SmartCode 913
Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt
- SmartCode Deadbolts Replace any Deadbolt for Keyless Entry Convenience
- Dramatically reduced interior size and sleek metal design
- Connected version for remote control available in SmartCode 914 series
- One Touch Locking: Lock Your Door with the Touch of a Button
- 16 Customizable Access Codes Plus Master Code for Increased Security
- 10-Digit Back-Lit Keypad for Increased Visibility
- Customizable Automatic Door Locking After 30 Seconds for Peace Of Mind
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin & tumbler locks
- Emergency Back-up Key using SmartKey technology: The lock you can re-key yourself in seconds in three easy steps
- Installs In Minutes with Just a Screwdriver – No Hard Wiring Required
- Single cylinder deadbolt function
- Fits Standard Doors ( 1 3/8”- 2” ) with No Screw Holes Required
- 1” x 2-1/4” round corner standard faceplate with round corner strike 2-3/8” x 2-3/4”
- 1” throw, steel deadbolt
- SmartKey Re-Key Technology
- Adjustable Backset: 2-3/8” or 2-3/4”
- 1 Year Electronic Warranty
- Lifetime Finish & Mechanical Warranty
5 7/8 (H) x 2 7/8 (W) x 1 3/16 (D) in.
5 3/4 (H) x 2 3/4 (W) x 2 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
4 to 8 Digits
Front body: Weather Resistant
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-40°F – 180°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
32°F – 122°F
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Key, Keypad – Digits
Grade 2 (Better)
Kwikset Recodeable (KW1)
1 Year Electronic, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Does the 913 have a master code, or is the only requirement to reprogram the device to access the... answer nowAsked by July 19, 2021 5:05 PMonAnswered by the admin
A Master Code can be added. However, typically you will only need access to the interior unit to change the access code if a Master Code was not set.
- Answered by the admin
To exchange the batteries on this unit, you will need to loosen the two screws located on the sides of the interior unit to release the inside cover. Once the cover is removed, simply pull the battery holder upwards out from the top of the unit and exchange the 4 AA batteries inside!
- Q Can codes added be deleted to change or add new codes once the 16 have been reached? I'm thinking... answer nowAsked by June 16, 2020 6:51 PMonAnswered by the admin
The lock has 16 user 'slots' that you are able to enroll codes under. If you are at capacity, you would need to overwrite one of the current codes to enroll the new one.
- Q Does this lock require cell phone or app to program? answer nowAsked by June 16, 2020 6:46 PMonAnswered by the admin
This lock can be programmed directly at the keypad.
- Q How do you override it when you’re coming in and out answer nowAsked by June 13, 2020 5:06 PMonAnswered by the admin
This lock can be accessed by PIN code or by the manual override key from the exterior side.
- Q Is there a way to delay, or temporarily disengage, the autolock? answer nowAsked by June 3, 2020 11:49 AMonAnswered by the admin
Switch #2 on the interior unit will enable or disable the Auto-Lock feature.