Yale Assure YRD216-ZW2
Push Button Remote Deadbolt
Push the code and go. Designed for inclusion into IoT networks running Z-Wave — and the lock of choice for Secret Agents — the Yale Assure programs from your smartphone and makes a striking impression. Self installs in about 30 minutes, and locks itself after 30-seconds; useful on days when the caffeine wears off too soon.
Create Unique Pin Codes
With the Assure Lock, you can manage up to 25 (250 with a Z-wave Controller or alarm panel) PIN codes to share with friends and family and delete codes in seconds if you need to
Install Within Minutes
The Assure Lock is simple to install on standard doors and replaces your existing deadbolt in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Weather Protection Gasket
- One Touch Locking
- Backlit Numbers That Won’t Wear Off
- Privacy Button
- Tamper Resistant Battery Cover
- Automatically relocks after 30 seconds
- Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.36, Grade 2
- Lifetime limited warranty for finish and mechanical, one year electronics
- Polished Brass US3
- Satin Nickel US15
- Oil Rubbed Bronze US10BP
Ideal for any residential project, the Yale YRD216 offers a smooth design and easy DIY installation with just a screwdriver. A rubberized gasket protects the lock and door from weather while the tamper resistant battery cover protects against break-in attempts. An automatic 30-second relock of the deadbolt ensures a secure lock every time even if you forget to do it yourself. With the ability to store up to 250 unique codes through Z-Wave, you can ensure specific lock access to a large amount of visitors. Backlit push buttons allow for low light access and a privacy button prevents any access at all. Available in three finishes to suit a number of applications.
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
Looking to use voice commands to lock your door with Amazon Alexa? Simply pair the Yale wireless lock to the VeraPlus controller and then enable the Vera skill inside the Alexa app. Speak “Alexa, lock the front door” to your Amazon Echo or Dot, and Vera will lock the door. Cool part is you can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets and other devices to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning the lights off and locking the doors when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
2 3/4 (L) x 1 3/16 (W) x 5 3/16 (H) in.
3 (L) x 2 1/8 (W) x 6 7/8 (H) in.
4 to 8 Digits
25 (Up to 250 when connected to Z-Wave network)
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
Auto Relocking, Privacy/Lockdown, Z-Wave Plus
Assure, Yale Home
Key, Keypad – Digits
Grade 2 (Better)
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Weather Resistant Exterior
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q If the deadbolt locks automatically in 30 seconds, does it extend the deadbolt if the door is ope... answer nowAsked by Peter on July 9, 2021 4:51 AMAnswered by the admin
If the lock is set to lock 30 seconds after being unlocked, the bolt will extend after 30 seconds even if the door is still open.
- Q I am looking at the YALE ASSURE YRD216 Z-WAVE PLUS, can this be re keyed by a locksmith to match ... answer nowAsked by Kurt on September 26, 2020 5:13 PMAnswered by the admin
Yes! The lock can be rekeyed to match any existing Kwikset KW1 keys you may be using.
- Q Can I program my yrd216 from the app? I have a network module installed in my Yale doorlock, whic... answer nowAsked by Ruby Ramento on October 17, 2019 11:14 AMAnswered by the admin
This will entirely rely on the system that it is connected to. Unfortunately, we do not support SmartThings. However, I can say for sure that you are able to program the YRD216 remotely with the Vera hub.
- Q I currently have a Yale entry set (2 piece, rubbed bronze on the exterior, one-piece brushed chro... answer nowAsked by Denzel Brenner on May 24, 2018 10:02 PMA When moving to a Yale deadbolt such as the YRD216 both the front and back of the lock must be used to operate properly. Due to the brain of the lock sitting on the interior portion of the door they must be installed together.