Yale Assure YRD156 ProSL
Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt with Z-Wave Plus
For the pros, by the pros! The Yale Assure YRD156 ProSL allows you to remotely access your door from anywhere, share codes, and be notified when those codes are used from your smartphone. Enjoy ultimate convenience with automatic locking, unlocking and programmed scenes.
- Touchscreen keypad with backlit numbers that won’t wear off
- 100% Key free means no pick or bump break-ins
- Sleek and Modern Design
- Smart Home Ready
- Lock includes Z-Wave module for enrolling into Z-Wave controllers and alarm systems for remote management
- Works with Ring, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, Vera, BeHome247 and many more
- Receive notifications when someone unlocks your door on your smart phone (Assure SL lock must be connected to Z-Wave controller or alarm panel)
- Create and share up to 25 (250 when paired to Z-Wave controller or alarm panel) unique pin codes to share with friends and family, delete when you need to
- One-touch locking and keypad wake-up
- 9V battery backup terminal
- Voice assisted setup and menu options
- Simple to install on standard doors and replaces your existing deadbolt in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Fully motorized, tapered deadbolt accommodates for mis-aligned doors
- Weather Protection Gasket
Put keys in a museum where they belong. The Yale Assure YRD156 ProSL is a 100% key free touchscreen deadbolt with Z-Wave Plus enabling you to remotely control access to your home with a few clicks on your smartphone or PC when synced with a Z-Wave controller. Check on your kids when they arrive home during your date night or lock up the house from anywhere on your smartphone. Don’t rush home to let in a guest, a few taps in the app and they can go right in. Receive alerts and setup events when the correct code is entered. You can program lights to turn on, set the thermostat to heat or a/c, and more as you enter the house using your smart hub. This Z-Wave Plus keyless deadbolt paired with your connected Z-Wave hub provides high-end remote security, home monitoring, home control, home automation, and the convenience of a millionaire’s lifestyle. Modest, or mansion, these locks add value to your home, and can be enjoyed and used by any member of your family.
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
Looking to use voice commands to lock your door with Amazon Alexa? Simply pair the Yale wireless lock to the VeraPlus controller and then enable the Vera skill inside the Alexa app. Speak “Alexa, lock the front door” to your Amazon Echo or Dot, and Vera will lock the door. Cool part is you can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets and other devices to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning the lights off and locking the doors when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
3 9/16 (H) x 2 9/16 (W) x 11/16 (D) in.
6 3/4 (H) x 3 3/4 (W) x 3 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
25 (Up to 250 when connected to Z-Wave network)
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Keypad – Digits
Auto Relocking, Battery Backup, Bluetooth, Tamper Alerts, Z-Wave Plus
Ring Video Doorbell
Assure, Yale Home
Grade 2 (Better)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Front body: Weather Resistant
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Are there any models with inside locks where someone cannot just break the glass and turn the lev... answer nowAsked by May 8, 2021 10:44 AMonAnswered by the admin
In this case, you would want a double-sided lock that has a keypad on both sides of the door (such as the Lockey M210DC). For the best option that meets your needs, please contact our sales representatives at 937-247-9327, option 1!
- Answered by the admin
To change the batteries on this unit, you will simply need to undo the top screw on the inside unit that secures the battery cover. Once loosened, the cover should lift away and reveal the (4) AA batteries inside. Simply exchange these 4 batteries with a fresh set and reinstall the battery cover.
- Answered by the admin
Yes, you are able to change the PIN for this lock whenever desired. This can be done by following the steps below:
To add a new PIN to the lock:
A WE BOUGHT A NEW HOME AND DON'T HAVE THE MASTER CODE. HOW DO I GET IT? CAPS ARE ONLY FOR ME TO SEE THE LETTERS BAD EYESAnswered by the admin
- Press the Yale button at the top of the keypad.
- Enter your Master Code followed by the Gear key.
- Press 2 then Gear.
- Press 1 then Gear.
- Enter the new 4-8 digit PIN followed by Gear.
In this case, the lock will need to be reset to erase all codes currently loaded on the lock. For this, there is a reset button located on the left side of the interior unit that can be found when the battery cover is removed.
1. Remove the battery cover.
2. Remove the batteries.
3. While pressing the reset button (minimum of 3 seconds) reinstall batteries. Release the reset button.
4. Replace the battery cover.A Yes
- Q Can this lock be set to auto lock? I can set it to auto unlock when I get in range with my securi... answer nowAsked by November 6, 2020 1:16 AMonAnswered by the admin
This lock does feature an auto-relock setting that can be programmed to relock the door after it is opened. This can be set to relock the door 30 seconds to 3 minutes after opening.
- Q If this is compatible with Ring, do I need any additional parts to make it work? answer nowAsked by September 7, 2020 8:56 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes! This lock is compatible with the Ring system. No additional parts should be needed to pair this with the Ring hub as long as the included Z-Wave model is installed on the interior unit.
- Q Can I control the lock solely from my Samsung smartphone? ie no google home, no smart hub,etc? answer nowAsked by August 18, 2020 11:32 PMonAnswered by the admin
This lock communicates wirelessly by using a Z-Wave radio. Typically, Z-Wave devices will need to be paired to a Z-Wave hub or controller in order to communicate with the lock. Most smartphones on the market do not have a Z-Wave radio installed. For this type of application, we would recommend a Bluetooth enabled lock to control the lock from your phone without additional hardware.