Yale Assure YRD156 ProSL
Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt with Z-Wave Plus
For the pros, by the pros! The Yale Assure YRD156 ProSL allows you to remotely access your door from anywhere, share codes, and be notified when those codes are used from your smartphone. Enjoy ultimate convenience with automatic locking, unlocking and programmed scenes.
- Touchscreen keypad with backlit numbers that won’t wear off
- 100% Key free means no pick or bump break-ins
- Sleek and Modern Design
- Smart Home Ready
- Lock includes Z-Wave module for enrolling into Z-Wave controllers and alarm systems for remote management
- Works with Ring, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, Vera, BeHome247 and many more
- Receive notifications when someone unlocks your door on your smart phone (Assure SL lock must be connected to Z-Wave controller or alarm panel)
- Create and share up to 25 (250 when paired to Z-Wave controller or alarm panel) unique pin codes to share with friends and family, delete when you need to
- One-touch locking and keypad wake-up
- 9V battery backup terminal
- Voice assisted setup and menu options
- Simple to install on standard doors and replaces your existing deadbolt in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Fully motorized, tapered deadbolt accommodates for mis-aligned doors
- Weather Protection Gasket
Put keys in a museum where they belong. The Yale Assure YRD156 ProSL is a 100% key free touchscreen deadbolt with Z-Wave Plus enabling you to remotely control access to your home with a few clicks on your smartphone or PC when synced with a Z-Wave controller. Check on your kids when they arrive home during your date night or lock up the house from anywhere on your smartphone. Don’t rush home to let in a guest, a few taps in the app and they can go right in. Receive alerts and setup events when the correct code is entered. You can program lights to turn on, set the thermostat to heat or a/c, and more as you enter the house using your smart hub. This Z-Wave Plus keyless deadbolt paired with your connected Z-Wave hub provides high-end remote security, home monitoring, home control, home automation, and the convenience of a millionaire’s lifestyle. Modest, or mansion, these locks add value to your home, and can be enjoyed and used by any member of your family.
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
Looking to use voice commands to lock your door with Amazon Alexa? Simply pair the Yale wireless lock to the VeraPlus controller and then enable the Vera skill inside the Alexa app. Speak “Alexa, lock the front door” to your Amazon Echo or Dot, and Vera will lock the door. Cool part is you can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets and other devices to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning the lights off and locking the doors when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
3 9/16 (H) x 2 9/16 (W) x 11/16 (D) in.
6 3/4 (H) x 3 3/4 (W) x 3 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
25 (Up to 250 when connected to Z-Wave network)
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Auto Relocking, Battery Backup, Bluetooth, Tamper Alerts, Z-Wave Plus
Ring Video Doorbell
Assure, Yale Home
Grade 2 (Better)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q If this is compatible with Ring, do I need any additional parts to make it work? answer nowAsked by September 7, 2020 8:56 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes! This lock is compatible with the Ring system. No additional parts should be needed to pair this with the Ring hub as long as the included Z-Wave model is installed on the interior unit.
- Q Can I control the lock solely from my Samsung smartphone? ie no google home, no smart hub,etc? answer nowAsked by August 18, 2020 11:32 PMonAnswered by the admin
This lock communicates wirelessly by using a Z-Wave radio. Typically, Z-Wave devices will need to be paired to a Z-Wave hub or controller in order to communicate with the lock. Most smartphones on the market do not have a Z-Wave radio installed. For this type of application, we would recommend a Bluetooth enabled lock to control the lock from your phone without additional hardware.
- Q Is this lock good for a business? I own some spa suites we open the door at least 50 times a day answer nowAsked by August 17, 2020 1:00 AMonAnswered by the admin
This can be used for commercial applications but this model is only a deadbolt that is typically used for residential doors.
- Q What happens if the lock just stop working? Also, if I have three doors, can I have them all u... answer nowAsked by August 11, 2020 11:43 PMonAnswered by the admin
All three doors can certainly have the same access codes. This lock does feature a battery backup in the event that the primary power is drained. However, because there is no manual override key, there is no way to forcibly open the lock in the event of a mechanical failure.
- Q Can this be mounted outside on a security gate prone to weather? answer nowAsked by August 5, 2020 11:36 AMonAnswered by the admin
The interior unit for this model is not weather rated and is not recommended for gate applications.
- Q How easy is it to turn it off during the day to allow free entrance and exit? answer nowAsked by July 11, 2020 8:53 PMonAnswered by the admin
The autolocking feature can be disabled within the settings so that when a code is entered, the device will not automatically lock again allowing free access until the device is secured.