Yale Assure YRL216
Z-Wave Plus Pushbutton Keypad Lever Lock
No keys, no problems! The Yale YRL216 electronic keypad lever lock provides keyless freedom by using your smartphone. Create and share digital codes for friends and family from anywhere. Program lighting scenarios upon opening your door by connecting to your Z-Wave network.
Yale Assure Lock
- Keypad with backlit numbers that won’t wear off – Touchscreen model available
- 9V battery backup terminal
- Manage up to 250* unique codes to share with friends and family
- Weather Protection Gasket
- One-touch locking and keypad wake-up
- Privacy Mode – privacy button located on the interior side of the lock enables users to temporarily disable user codes
- Tamper Resistant Battery Cover
- Tamper Alert – audible alarm sounds if there is an attempt to forcibly remove the lock
- Automatically relocks after 30 seconds
- Key Override – Yale KW-1 5-pin brass cylinder supplied, 2 keys provided
- Simple to install on standard doors and replaces your existing lever or knob lock in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.36, Grade 2
- Lifetime limited warranty for finish and mechanical, one year electronics
*When connected to a Z-Wave controller, 25 user codes when standalone
Smart Home Ready
- Z-Wave Plus module installed
- Enroll into a Z-Wave controller and alarm systems for remote management
- Receive notifications on your smartphone when someone unlocks your door right on your smartphone*
- Compatible with Ring, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, Vera, BeHome247 and more
*Assure Lock must be paired to compatible Z-Wave controller or alarm panel
Built for doors that don’t need a deadbolt, the Yale Assure Lever Lock is well suited for side entryways, home to garage doors, basements and most interior doors. The Assure Lever can be used as a standalone keypad lock, or integrated into your smart home network with the included Z-Wave Network Module installed in the lock and connecting to a Z-Wave controller. Compatible with Ring, Vera, BeHome247, Iris, Samsung SmartThings, Wink and more! This will enable remote management of your smart home or lock, and for you to receive alerts on your smartphone from anywhere. If there is an attempt to forcibly remove the lock, an audible alarm will sound. Equipped with a keypad featuring backlit numbers that won’t wear off, you will always be able to enter your code correctly each time. You can create up to 250 codes when connected to a Z-Wave controller (25 when standalone) to share with anyone who needs to gain entry to your door. The lock is set to automatically relock in 30 seconds upon closing. Press the lock button to wake up your keypad or lock your door. Locked out with no power? Using a 9V battery, you can power the backup terminal on the underside of the lock to give it enough juice to enter your code and your door or use the keyed override with two keys included. You can enable Privacy Mode by pressing the button on the interior side of the lock to disable user codes temporarily. Now you can watch your favorite show or take a nap without being disturbed.
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is a Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Ring, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
Looking to use voice commands to lock your door with Amazon Alexa? Simply pair the Yale wireless lock to the VeraPlus controller and then enable the Vera skill inside the Alexa app. Speak “Alexa, lock the front door” to your Amazon Echo or Dot, and Vera will lock the door. Cool part is you can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets and other devices to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning the lights off and locking the doors when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
6 1/16 (H) x 2 3/4 (W) x 1 3/8 (D) in.
6 7/8 (H) x 3 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
1 3/4 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Lever Handle Door Locks
4 to 8 Digits
25 (Up to 250 when connected to Z-Wave network)
Up to 100 ft. (line of sight)
Yale Real Living
Privacy/Lockdown, Remote Control, Tamper Alerts, Z-Wave Plus
Keypad – Digits
A156.36, Grade 2 (Better)
Grade 2 (Better)
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Answered by the admin
This will depend on the smart hub or service that you have the locks paired with. If you are using a service such as Vera, you will have the ability to lock multiple doors at the same time.