- Innovative, tamper-resistant keyless entry security deadbolt
- Sleek, capacitive touchscreen with Voice-Assisted Programming
- Contemporary, high-tech look and feel
- Easy to use, install, and program
- Fast retrofit of traditional deadbolts
- Tapered bolt accommodates mis-aligned doors
- Users — 25, add/delete individually
- Upgrade with a Yale Z-Wave Network Module to add the lock to smart home or alarm systems
- Illuminated touchscreen for night time access
- Battery Operated: 4AA (included). One year battery life; low battery warning
- Deadbolt motor; motorized bolt in and out
- Non-handed, compatible with left and right swinging doors
- Door Conditions: For use on all standard interior and exterior doors
- Adjustable 2-3/8″ or 2-3/4″ Backset
- Key Override: Yale KW-1 5-pin brass cylinder supplied. Optional SC-1 5-pin brass cylinder available upon request. 2 keys provided
- Thin door gasket for doors under 1 3/8″ thick may be special ordered
- 1-year warranty for the original owner for electronics, and lifetime limited warranty for finish and mechanical operation
6 1/16 (H) x 2 3/4 (W) x 1 3/8 (D) in.
6 7/8 (H) x 3 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
1 3/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Keypad – Digits
A156.36, Grade 2 (Better)
Grade 2 (Better)
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Hello, i like the mq app for my garage door and want to know if this lock works on the same app f... answer nowAsked by July 10, 2020 12:20 PMonAnswered by the admin
The Yale Assure lock can be controlled by third-party smarthome hubs. The MyQ garage door opener does not have the capability to control other devices.
- Q I need help on connecting my phone to the YRD226 lock. answer nowAsked by June 15, 2020 4:25 PMonAnswered by the admin
This model does not support smartphone connectivity unless a network module is installed and the lock is paired with a smart home controller such as Vera or Alexa.
- Q I had this installed by a vacation rental company, who I no longer use. Can I remove their intern... answer nowAsked by May 19, 2020 6:56 PMonAnswered by the admin
You should certainly be able to with this model as this can be used as a stand-alone lock without internet connectivity.
- Q Where I live in the winter it gets very cold and the summer can get very hot, how well will this ... answer nowAsked by February 16, 2020 7:06 PMonAnswered by the admin
The standard operating temperature for this lock is -22°F to 140°F.
- Q I currently have another lock that looks very similar to this one, it has a name of Arrow ASSA AB... answer nowAsked by January 8, 2020 9:29 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes, these two units should match up greatly! Yale is now a part of the ASSA ABLOY group and has rebranded the arrow lock under the Yale name.
- Q Can I use the connected by august module made for yale, to make it smart? answer nowAsked by December 29, 2019 6:12 PMonAnswered by the admin
If you are using the YRD226 with the August connect kit, then this would be considered a smart lock that can be controlled from any location. Otherwise. you will typically want the Z-Wave module to pair this unit to a Vera or similar smart hub.
- Q Does the lock have any ability to be programmed to a Lutron caseta system with smart hub or a Hon... answer nowAsked by November 11, 2019 4:49 PMonAnswered by the admin
This lock can be used with an existing smart hub such as Vera or Google Home if you have a Z-Wave module installed in the lock itself (https://www.gokeyless.com/product/yale-z-wave-radio-module/)
- Q Is there a way to set my smartphone to my door lock? What is needed? answer nowAsked by October 9, 2019 11:49 PMonAnswered by the admin
To connect the Yale YRD226 to a smartphone for controlling the lock, you will need to have a Z-Wave network module installed and pair this lock to a smarthub, such as Vera or SmartThings. Otherwise, the YRD446 model ships with a BLE radio preinstalled that will allow you to directly connect your phone to your lock without additional hardware.
- Q I have a schlage keyed lock on one door. Can I key to like that one with the Yale? answer nowAsked by August 27, 2019 2:06 PMonAnswered by the admin
As long as the key alike service is added to the order and the key number of your Schlage lock is provided, we can certainly have this lock keyed prior to it leaving our facilities.
- Q Is there a limit to how many times you can change the code? answer nowAsked by August 18, 2019 9:03 PMonAnswered by the admin
There is no limit to how many times you are able to change the access code of this lock.