Yale Assure YRD216-NR
Electronic Push Button Deadbolt Lock
- Durable push button tamper-resistant keypad
- High-tech look and feel
- Easy to use, install, and program
- Fast retrofit of traditional deadbolts
- Tapered bolt accommodates misaligned doors
- Users — 25, add/delete individually
- Upgrade with a Yale Z-Wave Network Module to add the lock to smart home or alarm systems
- Illuminated keypad for night time access
- Battery Operated: 4AA (included). One year battery life; low battery warning
- Deadbolt motor; motorized bolt in and out
- Non-handed, compatible with left and right swinging doors
- Door Conditions: For use on all standard interior and exterior doors
- Adjustable Backset: 2-3/8″ or 2-3/4″
- Key Override: Yale KW-1 5-pin brass cylinder supplied. Optional SC-1 5-pin brass cylinder available upon request. 2 keys provided
- 1-year warranty for the original owner for electronics, and lifetime limited warranty for finish and mechanical operation
The Assure push button deadbolt by Yale provides the keyless entry amenity of a “Vacation” without leaving your home. Common at a cottage getaway, a mountain retreat, or a beach home, push button locks offer enhanced security, easy living, instant access, and effortless convenience. These locks connect you to the lifestyle your vacation gives you one week out of the Summer, all year round. Why get this once or twice a year, when you can live it every day. It’s a technology that liberates you from keys. We’re accustomed to using a key for unlocking the door to the garage, back door, or front door, but just wait how good you’ll feel when you punch in your personal code, and hear the Yale deadbolt automatically open. All the seconds you waste knocking repeatedly at the door for someone to let you in, you can now spend with the family you love. With Yale Real Living, life doesn’t control you, you control it. When you have 30 minutes to get your jog in before dinner, you can leave out the front door, without waiting on the garage to open. When you put your little boy on the bike for a ride around the block, you can blast down the driveway without awkwardly inching over to the garage keypad while straddling your crossbar. The next time your in-laws call saying they’ll be there in an hour when you can’t leave work, just give them the temporary code you programmed ahead of time. The basic deadbolt is quickly becoming a dinosaur. Walk into any home in your neighborhood and the chances of seeing a tube television set are rare, flat screens rule the day. The time is coming when your neighbors will all don keyless locks. The question is do you want to pioneer this technology on your street, or have to kick yourself years down the road for being the last one to make the change. You may be asking why the Yale pushbutton deadbolt comes in at the higher end of the price range for electronic home locks. It’s justified. When you look at the Yale lock up close you notice immediately its distinct and substantial quality of materials, including the keypad buttons. Nobody can match Yale’s security and physical and electronic characteristics either. This lock comes with a ‘user adjustable’ wrong code alarm, a tamper alarm, and privacy button. Even more impressive, is the rubber backing of the keypad which protects your door, and seals against moisture. You’re paying for quality, and it’s a lock you will be proud to own.
Reaching back nearly 150 years, Yale is one of the oldest international brands in the world and one of the best-known names in the locking industry. The Yale history captures major innovations that have marked the evolution not just of Yale, but of the entire locking industry.
5 13/64 (H) x 2 49/64 (W) x 1 3/16 (D) in.
6 57/64 (H) x 2 61/64 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
2 3/8 to 2 3/4 in. adjustable
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/4 in. (1 3/8 in. requires special thin door gasket)
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
Self-handed (please hand while in unlocked position)
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
4 to 8 Digits
Auto Relocking, Remote Control, Z-Wave Plus
Key, Keypad – Digits
A156.36, Grade 2 (Better)
Grade 2 (Better)
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F (-15°C to 70°C)
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Weather Resistant Exterior
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can both knobs handle outdoors? Sun, rain, etc. Including the battery compartment. Thanks! answer nowAsked by May 7, 2021 1:42 AMonAnswered by the admin
The interior unit is not weather rated and is not recommended for applications where the battery side will be exposed to the elements.
- Q Does this deadbolt connect or can it use the home wifi system? The reason is I would like to be ... answer nowAsked by May 4, 2021 12:35 AMonAnswered by the admin
This model is the No Radio version and does not offer any wireless communication. For this feature, you will need the Yale YRD216-ZW2.
- Q Do the functions of this keyless entry system overlap with a Ring doorbell system? answer nowAsked by April 5, 2021 2:19 PMonAnswered by the admin
This particular model does not include a Z-Wave radio and would not be able to connect to the Ring doorbell system.
- Q What are the minimum digits that can be used to lock or unlock the door? And is there a setting ... answer nowAsked by March 28, 2021 8:39 AMonAnswered by the admin
The access code can be between 4-8 digits long. This lock does feature an auto re-lock setting where the door will relock 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 2 minutes, or 3 minutes after being unlocked with a code.
- Q Do you need to purchase anything additional to connect this lock to a samsung smartthings hub? answer nowAsked by June 28, 2020 9:50 PMonAnswered by the admin
This lock would require a Z-Wave network module to connect to the SmartThings hub. Z-0Wave Module: https://www.gokeyless.com/product/yale-z-wave-radio-module/
- Q What buttons do you push to lock the door when you are leaving? answer nowAsked by May 22, 2020 12:33 PMonAnswered by the admin
The checkmark button will lock the door if it is currently in the open position.
- Answered by the admin
This lock usually is shipped with a standard Kwikset cylinder. For more information on units with cylinders that are designed to prevent bumping, please contact our sales staff at 937-247-9327, option 1 or [email protected]