Yale Assure YRD226-ZW2
Z-Wave Plus Touchscreen Deadbolt
$271.94 – $281.46
Tap your code and go. Designed for inclusion into IoT networks running Z-Wave — and the lock of choice for Secret Agents — the Yale Assure Touchscreen programs from your smartphone and makes a striking impression. Self installs in about 30 minutes, and locks itself after 30-seconds; useful on days when the caffeine wears off too soon.
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Cabinet Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Commercial Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Residential Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
- Remotely lock and unlock doors from any web-enabled device
- Receive text or email messages to your cell phone from pre-programmed alerts
- Program user access by date and time
- Customize features such as privacy, language, and re-lock time
- Confirm the status and remaining battery life of your locks remotely
- Audit Capable – View transaction history in real-time
- Innovative, tamper-resistant keyless entry security deadbolt
- Sleek, capacitive touchscreen with Voice-Assisted Programming
- Contemporary, high-tech look and feel
- Easy to use, install, and program
- Fast retrofit of traditional deadbolts
- Tapered bolt accommodates misaligned doors
- Users — 25, add/delete individually
- Enroll up to 250 users when lock is connected to a Z-Wave network
- Illuminated touchscreen for night time access
- One year battery life; low battery warning
- Deadbolt motor; motorized bolt in and out
- Non-handed, compatible with left and right swinging doors
- Door Conditions: For use on all standard interior and exterior doors
- Multiple architectural finishes
- Adjustable Backset: 2 3/8″ or 2 3/4″
- Key Override: Yale KW-1 5-pin brass cylinder supplied. Optional SC-1 5-pin brass cylinder available upon request. 2 keys provided
To call the Assure Z-Wave Plus deadbolt merely a lock misses the mark by a mile. It is much more. Sure it will keep your doorway secure as good or better than any lock. But we like to think of the Yale Real Living deadbolt as a lock with special powers. When connected to a Z-Wave controller — it’s source of higher intelligence — the Yale Z-Wave touchscreen deadbolt brings magic to your home. As any home technology junkie knows, remote control and automation is the ultimate home experience. We’re use to controlling our TV with the remote. With this Z-Wave lock by Yale, you can remotely control access to your home with a few clicks on your smart phone or PC. Imagine monitoring what time the kids come home when you’re catching a movie. Imagine checking to see if your front door, door to garage, or back door is unlocked, and locking your entire house down remotely from your Blackberry or iPhone. You could do this when you’re at work, away on business, at the mall, or on vacation. That’s why this Yale lock is getting talked about as though it could quite possibly be the world’s best remote control home door lock. Not only do you get the convenience of keyless entry, when you integrate this wireless door lock into a Z-Wave home automation system, you can operate the deadbolt remotely. Now when you can’t rush home to be there you can provide a relative or electrician temporary access. You can get text & email notifications when your loved ones arrive. You can setup events when a correct security code is entered at the lock’s keypad. For instance, you could make your living room lights illuminate when you unlock your door. Or maybe you want your security camera pointed at your door to begin recording when your child enters after school. Many of the Z-Wave home automation systems even let you trigger your wireless thermostat to begin cooling or warming once you put in the correct security code. Attend any home show and vendors will line up to show you ten-thousand dollar home automation systems. While incredible to look at, they are usually a little more than you want to spend, and overkill for what most need or want anyway. That’s why Yale Real Living goes to the front of the line for anyone looking for high-end remote security, home monitoring, home control, home automation, and the convenience of a millionaire’s lifestyle. Modest, or mansion, Yale Real Living Z-Wave touchscreen deadbolt locks add value to your home, can be enjoyed and used by any member of your family, and help you sell your residence faster when competing against other design-forward homes in your area.
Reaching back nearly 150 years, Yale is one of the oldest international brands in the world and one of the best-known names in the locking industry. The Yale history captures major innovations that have marked the evolution not just of Yale, but of the entire locking industry.
6 1/16 (H) x 2 3/4 (W) x 1 3/8 (D) in.
6 7/8 (H) x 3 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
4 to 8 Digits
2 3/8 to 2 3/4 in. adjustable
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/4 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Assure, Yale Home
Auto Relocking, Remote Control, Z-Wave Plus
Ring Video Doorbell
Key, Keypad – Digits
A156.36, Grade 2 (Better)
Grade 2 (Better)
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F (-15°C to 70°C)
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Weather Resistant Exterior
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Will this lock work with my Alarm.com security system on their own app? answer nowAsked by June 18, 2023 9:04 AMon
- Q Any idea if this would be compatible with a Brinks IQ2 panel? answer nowAsked by November 11, 2022 1:07 PMonA
Yes, this model does appear to be compatible with the Brinks IQ2 hub
- Q Which lock would you recommend for exposure to salt air? Is the lock connected to the internet? W... answer nowAsked by September 30, 2022 11:48 AMonA
For the best marine grade lock, we would recommend speaking with a representative in our sales department for options that meet your needs. The YRD226 can be programmed directly at the keypad or connected to a Z-Wave hub that uses an internet connection to accept programming remotely. All programming is stored directly within the lock so if the internet ever goes down at the property, all valid codes will still work on the device, you will simply lose the ability to control the lock remotely until that connection is restored.
- Q Can this lock be connected to a Z wave system and still be able to use the Yale smartphone app to... answer nowAsked by June 29, 2022 1:49 PMonA
When connected to a Z-Wave hub, you will need to use the app for the system that is now controlling the lock.
- Q How do you remove the back cover to change the batteries? answer nowAsked by March 6, 2022 11:20 AMonA
You will need to remove the screw at the top of the interior battery cover to be able to slide the cover upward and exchange the batteries inside.