Yale Assure YRD256 SL
Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt with Z-Wave Plus
Assure a future without keys with the Yale Assure. This slim touchscreen lock works with your smart home, to lock and unlock without keys. Enjoy freedom on dog walks, hikes, swimming, surfing, and just getting to meetings by not being tethered to your keys or worrying about where to stick them!
- Backlit Keypad – Keypad wakes with a touch and has numbers that won’t wear off.
- Battery Back-up – Never lose power. The lock can be energized with a 9V battery.
- Simple Installation – Replaces your existing deadbolt in minutes with just a screwdriver.
- Key Free – No cylinder means no lost keys and no pick and bump break-ins.
- Manage Access – Create and share up to 25 (250 when paired to Z-Wave controller or alarm panel) unique pin codes to share with friends and family. Delete when you need to.
- Motorized Deadbolt – Fully motorized, tapered deadbolt accommodates for mis-aligned doors.
- One-touch Locking – Lock up without the hassle of keys by simply tapping the keypad.
- Voice Assistance – The lock will guide you through setup and menu options in 3 languages.
- Weather Protected – Rubber gasket increases protection against outdoor environments.
- Sleek and Modern Design
- Smart Home Ready! Lock includes Z-Wave module for enrolling into Z-Wave controllers and alarm systems for remote management
- Works with Ring, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, Vera, BeHome247 and many more
- Receive notifications when someone unlocks your door on your smart phone (Assure SL lock must be connected to Z-Wave controller or alarm panel)
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
Looking to use voice commands to lock your door with Amazon Alexa? Simply pair the Yale wireless lock to the VeraPlus controller and then enable the Vera skill inside the Alexa app. Speak “Alexa, lock the front door” to your Amazon Echo or Dot, and Vera will lock the door. Cool part is you can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets and other devices to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning the lights off and locking the doors when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/4 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Auto Relocking, Z-Wave Plus
Ring Video Doorbell
Assure, Yale Real Living
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Is there an override code if you have it on privacy mode? answer nowAsked by October 3, 2019 5:06 PMonAnswered by the admin
When the lock is placed into privacy mode, the PIN pad is completely disabled. You can, however, use your phone as a means of entry.
- Q Can I see the history of access log via bluetooth? Can I send temporary access codes to another u... answer nowAsked by May 30, 2018 10:38 PMonA When the lock is paired with a z-wave hub you will be able to audit and control the lock from anywhere. Please see the hub below for more details. https://www.gokeyless.com/product/veraplus/
- A This lock is a Z-Wave lock that is compatible with many different Z-Wave environments. This lock does not have, however, a wifi radio which is the communication platform by which the Nest communicates. That being said, with most smart home devices and platforms today it is important to check the ability to control your individual device through the hub compatibility checklist, as this will tell you which products will integrate with them and how you can set up parameters to make certain actions or functions work.
- Q I have kwikset but batteries run out. Does this lock have a back up battery and how does that wor... answer nowAsked by October 25, 2017 11:20 AMonA This lock is a stand-alone lock that runs off of 4 AA batteries. With the key free model, when the battery runs out the lock is jumped by using a 9V battery on the front of the lock and entering a valid on the lock in order to access the backside to change the batteries. Typically battery backups are only used in a hardwired solution and not on stand-alone units.
- Q is this lock homekit enabled? Can I control it with siri answer nowAsked by October 19, 2017 2:18 PMonA
No, Apple Homekit only works with Bluetooth and Wifi. We would recommend the Schlage Sense for use with the Homekit.