Yale Assure YRD256-ZW2
Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt with Z-Wave Plus
Assure a future without keys with the Yale Assure. This slim touchscreen lock works with your smart home, to lock and unlock without keys. Enjoy freedom on dog walks, hikes, swimming, surfing, and just getting to meetings by not being tethered to your keys or worrying about where to stick them!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Cabinet Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Commercial Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Residential Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
- Sleek and modern keyless deadbolt
- Backlit Keypad – Keypad wakes with a touch and has numbers that won’t wear off
- Battery Back-up – Never lose power, the lock can be energized with a 9V battery
- Simple Installation – Replaces your existing deadbolt in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Key Free – No cylinder means no lost keys and no pick and bump break-ins
- Manage Access – Create and share up to 25 (250 when paired to Z-Wave controller or alarm panel) unique pin codes to share with friends and family, delete when you need to
- Motorized Deadbolt – Fully motorized, tapered deadbolt accommodates for mis-aligned doors
- One-touch Locking – Lock up without the hassle of keys by simply tapping the keypad
- Voice Assistance – The lock will guide you through setup and menu options in 3 languages
- Weather Protected – Rubber gasket increases protection against outdoor environments
Smart Home Ready
- Lock includes Z-Wave module for enrolling into Z-Wave controllers and alarm systems for remote management
- Works with Ring, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, Vera, BeHome247 and many more
- Receive notifications when someone unlocks your door on your smart phone (Assure SL lock must be connected to Z-Wave controller or alarm panel)
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
Looking to use voice commands to lock your door with Amazon Alexa? Simply pair the Yale wireless lock to the VeraPlus controller and then enable the Vera skill inside the Alexa app. Speak “Alexa, lock the front door” to your Amazon Echo or Dot, and Vera will lock the door. Cool part is you can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets and other devices to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning the lights off and locking the doors when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Keypad – Digits
Auto Relocking, Z-Wave Plus
Ring Video Doorbell
Assure, Yale Home
Weather Resistant Exterior
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Is there a function that it can unlock when your smart apple watch comes close to the keypad, ins... answer nowAsked by June 20, 2023 8:57 AMonA
This may depend on which Z-Wave controller and app you are using in conjunction with this lock. Please call us at 937-247-9327 and one of our sales experts will assist you in getting the right setup for you!
- Q If the power goes out or battery dies how do you unlock the door? answer nowAsked by April 17, 2023 3:19 PMonA
The Yale YRD256-ZW2 has a backup option if your unit runs out of battery power and you are locked out. Below the touchscreen are terminals for a 9V battery. You may use this to give it enough power to use a valid code and enter.
- Q Can I program the YRD256 to my Samsung phone to be able to remotely open the door? If so, is ther... answer nowAsked by March 31, 2023 5:04 PMonA
Yes, you can remotely lock and unlock this lock from a Samsung phone. You would need a Z-Wave controller setup to make it work. As long as the Z-Wave Controller has an internet connection and your Samsung device has an internet connection it should work, distance is not a factor. Feel free to give us a call at 937-247-9327 and someone from our Sales Team can help you decide if this product will work for you!
- Q Are the YRD156 and YRD 256 compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements? answer nowAsked by September 24, 2022 8:50 AMonA
Yes! The YRD156 and the YRD256 do meet ADA compliances.
Appearance: you will see that the YRD156 has a larger battery cover and no privacy button on the inside of the lock
Functionality: YRD156 does not have voice guided programming menus or privacy mode
YRD156 also has a built in Zwave radio, so all YRD156 locks do not have a green Zwave Yale module inside the battery cover.
- Q How would you complete a hard reset back to the standard/stock set up? answer nowAsked by August 1, 2022 5:03 PMonA
To reset the YRD256, please follow the steps below!
1. Remove the battery cover and batteries.
2. Remove the interior escutcheon to access the reset button.
3. The reset button is located beside the PCB cable connector.
4. While pressing the reset button (minimum of 3 seconds), reinstall the batteries. Release the reset button.
5. Replace the battery cover.
Upon reset, Master Code creation is the only option available and must be performed prior to any other programming of the lock.
- Q What is the range in regard to temperature. It can become really cold here in winter ( -20C and b... answer nowAsked by February 25, 2022 11:56 AMonA
Outside Temperature Range
-30ºC to 60ºC = -22ºF to 140ºF
- Q Will this model work with my Ring security system or do I need to purchase an additional hub for ... answer nowAsked by January 26, 2022 1:44 PMonA
This model is certified to work with the Ring Alarm Security System.
- Q What is the hole size I need to drill through the door to accommodate this lock? answer nowAsked by January 13, 2022 3:49 PMonA
This lock uses a standard bore hole of 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.