Yale Assure YRD256-ZW2
Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt with Z-Wave Plus
Assure a future without keys with the Yale Assure. This slim touchscreen lock works with your smart home, to lock and unlock without keys. Enjoy freedom on dog walks, hikes, swimming, surfing, and just getting to meetings by not being tethered to your keys or worrying about where to stick them!
For more information or ordering assistance, please call our Residential Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 ext 9005
- Sleek and modern keyless deadbolt
- Backlit Keypad – Keypad wakes with a touch and has numbers that won’t wear off
- Battery Back-up – Never lose power, the lock can be energized with a 9V battery
- Simple Installation – Replaces your existing deadbolt in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Key Free – No cylinder means no lost keys and no pick and bump break-ins
- Manage Access – Create and share up to 25 (250 when paired to Z-Wave controller or alarm panel) unique pin codes to share with friends and family, delete when you need to
- Motorized Deadbolt – Fully motorized, tapered deadbolt accommodates for mis-aligned doors
- One-touch Locking – Lock up without the hassle of keys by simply tapping the keypad
- Voice Assistance – The lock will guide you through setup and menu options in 3 languages
- Weather Protected – Rubber gasket increases protection against outdoor environments
Smart Home Ready
- Lock includes Z-Wave module for enrolling into Z-Wave controllers and alarm systems for remote management
- Works with Ring, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, Vera, BeHome247 and many more
- Receive notifications when someone unlocks your door on your smart phone (Assure SL lock must be connected to Z-Wave controller or alarm panel)
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
Looking to use voice commands to lock your door with Amazon Alexa? Simply pair the Yale wireless lock to the VeraPlus controller and then enable the Vera skill inside the Alexa app. Speak “Alexa, lock the front door” to your Amazon Echo or Dot, and Vera will lock the door. Cool part is you can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets and other devices to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning the lights off and locking the doors when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/4 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Keypad – Digits
Auto Relocking, Z-Wave Plus
Ring Video Doorbell
Assure, Yale Home
Weather Resistant Exterior
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
Appearance: you will see that the YRD156 has a larger battery cover and no privacy button on the inside of the lock
Functionality: YRD156 does not have voice guided programming menus or privacy mode
YRD156 also has a built in Zwave radio, so all YRD156 locks do not have a green Zwave Yale module inside the battery cover.
- Q How would you complete a hard reset back to the standard/stock set up? answer nowAsked by August 1, 2022 5:03 PMonA
To reset the YRD256, please follow the steps below!
1. Remove the battery cover and batteries.
2. Remove the interior escutcheon to access the reset button.
3. The reset button is located beside the PCB cable connector.
4. While pressing the reset button (minimum of 3 seconds), reinstall the batteries. Release the reset button.
5. Replace the battery cover.
Upon reset, Master Code creation is the only option available and must be performed prior to any other programming of the lock.
- Q What is the range in regard to temperature. It can become really cold here in winter ( -20C and b... answer nowAsked by February 25, 2022 11:56 AMonA
Outside Temperature Range
-30ºC to 60ºC = -22ºF to 140ºF
- Q Will this model work with my Ring security system or do I need to purchase an additional hub for ... answer nowAsked by January 26, 2022 1:44 PMonA
This model is certified to work with the Ring Alarm Security System.
- Q What is the hole size I need to drill through the door to accommodate this lock? answer nowAsked by January 13, 2022 3:49 PMonA
This lock uses a standard bore hole of 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
The keypad side is weather resistant and can certainly be used for exterior entry doors. However, the battery unit is not weather rated so this model is not recommended for gate applications where both sides of the lock are exposed to the elements.
- Q In multi-family building, would this lock allow multiple Ring devices to control the lock? For ex... answer nowAsked by October 13, 2020 6:05 PMonA
This would depend on the Z-Wave controller that you are using to control the devices. With a hub such as Vera, you can create Scenes where if another device (such as a Ring Doorbell) is triggered, the lock or other device will open.
The only way this would work for all doorbells is if all of the devices were connected to the same controller that has this feature.
- Q Does the YALE ASSURE YRD256 SL utilize Security 2 (S2) compatible Z-Wave communication? answer nowAsked by May 6, 2020 10:18 AMonA
Yes, this model is fitted with Z-Wave plus and supports secure command classes.