Buzz In Electric Strike Kit
Wired Remote Release of Wood/Metal Doors
- Remote buzz-in of guests/visitors
- Commercial duty hardware
- Wire up to two receptionist buttons into the strike
- Includes AC power adapter – AC most common for efficiency and ‘clicking’ sound
- Ensure you match the strike’s voltage selection with your power adapter voltage at installation
- Release strike by pressing inscribed key symbol on receptionist button
- Re-lock upon release of button
Support: Wiring Guide
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can more than 2 people have the reception buttons? answer nowAsked by April 24, 2020 7:45 AMonAnswered by the admin
This kit allows up to two buttons to be wired in for this strike. For models that can use more than two buttons, please contact our sales team at 937-247-9327, option 1!
- Answered by the admin
The electric strike will need to be hardwired to the negative on the power supply and to the positive on the buzz in button. The buzz in button will need to be wired to the positive on the power supply to complete the circuit.
- Q Is there a wireless Buss in system available?? One with no connecting wires to the locking device... answer nowAsked by February 18, 2018 10:21 PMonA Below we have provided a link to our wireless receiver and the transmitter for electric strike locks. This remote button release will wireless unlock the door. In reference to your wire question, wire gauges range in distance and voltage. Typically the GK-ES-KIT is sold with a 12V power supply and most installation fall within 100 foot run calling for 14 gauge wire. It is recommended that you check with your local electrician and refer to the wire guide below for proper installation and wiring. https://www.gokeyless.com/product/electric-strike-kit-wireless-remote/ https://www.gokeyless.com/learning-center/wire-gauge-selection-guide/
- Q I have two doors that are 30 to 40 feet apart will one interfere with the other? answer nowAsked by July 1, 2017 8:07 AMonANo, the buttons are wired to each specific door which will allow you to open the doors individually without interfering with the other door.
- Q Will this product work for a business door(steel with glass) that locks in the middle of the door... answer nowAsked by June 18, 2017 5:49 PMonA
While this particular setup is not designed for narrow aluminum with glass doors our GK-ESNS kit will suffice. However, your door must have specific hardware such as the Adams Rite 4900 to work with that kit. We would encourage you to speak with our trained sales staff to ensure that you are getting the right product for your specific door.
- Q I am planning on using the GK-ES-KIT-AC kit on an interior wood door with a keyless entry lock. W... answer nowAsked by March 24, 2017 12:30 PMonAYes, the strike kit will have no issue working with an interior wood door. You will need to modify the frame as you would with any door for a strike.
- Q "As long as it fits the 4-7/8” ANSI Strike and releases when they push the button it should be o.... answer nowAsked by March 20, 2017 9:03 AMonA
Yes, this will fit the 4-7/8 ANSI prep and as long as it is wired properly you will be able to push the button to release the strike.