Ilco 79L RFID
Multihousing 1" Mortise Storeroom Lock for RezShield
Using no wires, the Ilco 79 Series lock features a battery powered RFID reader to open the door. Renters present their keycard, fob, or wristband for an upgraded key free living experience. Ilco 79 Series door locks require the RezShield system for programming and maintenance. RezShield™ is a best-in-class software solution for the multifamily housing industry, including senior living centers.
- All-metal, heavy duty electronic lockset with 1″ lock front mortise, including clutch mechanism and built-in contactless RFID reader
- Integration into Kaba RezShield™ Access Control System (sold separate)
- Programming and Audit Trail Downloading Can be done using a 4K audit keycard or by using Kaba M-Unit (sold separate)
- Lock programming and audit are not erased during battery replacement
- Storeroom (79L) Lock Mode; No deadbolt, no thumbturn, always locked
- Recommended for closets or common areas
- Aalso available in 79T Toggle Mode
- Infrared communications link for programming and auditing
- Multiple key override options
- Drainage system designed to prevent internal build-up of condensation
- Operates with three standard AA batteries in the front housing, providing a battery life of 120,000 door openings (two to three years)
- Low battery indicator alerts staff that batteries need to be changed
- Credentials accepted; RFID cards or tags (ISO 14443, MIFARE Classic (4 Byte NUID), MIFARE Plus and Ultralight C)
- Credential expiry; one hour to seven years, depending on type and setup
- Disability Feature; extended unlock time (4 seconds standard, 15 seconds for disability)
RezShield Software Features – Required, Not Included w/ Lock
- User-friendly, intuitive solution protects client investment and simplifies integration with other building systems
- Reduces material and labor costs associated with rekeying
- Standard connectivity (Ethernet LAN -TCP/IP) makes it easy to network with existing compatible systems programming functions
- Resident and employee credentials can be cancelled on an individual basis
- Time-based access control system includes user-selectable keycard expiration
- High security key encryption, proprietary and unique to each installation
- Eight (8) authority levels to enable access controls
- Extensive reporting capabilities with a complete system audit trail
- Eleven (11) lock-access levels for greater key control
Simple Tap and Turn Operation with a Contactless System
Using the latest in contactless RFID read-write technology, Ilco 79 Series locks enable residents to present either a keycard, FOB, or wristband credential in front of the reader in order to operate the lock. With a contactless system, there is virtually no contact between the lock and the credential, making it especially useful for residents with limited mobility and dexterity. In addition, 79 Series locks may be custom ordered to include operation with Kaba Mobile Access Solutions as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), allowing residents to use their smart device as a credential. And, since this system has a system-based protocol vs pairing, property management retains control for issuing keys.
Each 79 lock maintains an audit trail for greater accountability, including the ability to monitor staff movements throughout the property by auditing keycard use history. Staff keycards also carry information about the lock, such as low batteries. This data helps with preventative maintenance, allowing property managers to respond proactively. Electronics and batteries are located in the front lock housing, so staff can perform maintenance without disturbing residents or needing to enter apartments. And, its robust, tamper-resistant design features a sealed reader and conceals any previous deadbolt cutouts.
9 3/8 (H) x 3 5/16 (W) x 2 7/8 (D) in.
9 (H) x 3 1/4 (W) x 2 1/4 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/2 in.
|Event Audit Trail|
|Timed Entry Allowance|
|Time Zone Capability|
Cast zinc alloy (outside housing levers and thumbturn), Stainless steel inside housing
Front body: Weather Resistant
-31°F to 151°F (-35°C to 66°C)
0% to 85% non-condensing humidity at 86°F (30°C)
|Florida Building Code|
Exterior Door Components, FL13061
Mortise, Through-Bolt Hole(s)
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 5 in.
Kaba Lodging, Saflok
Audit Trail, No Tour, Scheduling
Grade 1 (Best)
Grade 1 (Best)
CAN/ULC-S104, UL 10B, UL 10C
2 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.