- Extra Heavy-Duty ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 Dual Credential PIN & Smart Card Lock
- Accepts Mifare, DESFire & HID iClass Smart Cards
- Users – 3,000 Codes (300 using LearnLok™ feature); using Mifare®, DESFire®, and iClass™ Smart Cards (dual credential possibility)
- Locks are programmed via E-Plex Enterprise Software and a laptop or netbook (not included) — provides easy management of doors and users
- Auditing — Track who entered and when with built-in audit trail (unit stores last 30,000 events). New! Pull audit trails with Auditor Kit without needing to purchase software
- Optional remote unlock feature
- Vandal resistant, solid metal push-buttons
- Indoor/Outdoor Approved
- Patented LectroBolt ‘sandwich-fitting’ yields a 90% reduction in installation time over wired access control systems. Instructions and two-hole drilling template supplied
- Non-handed, pre-assembled for left hand door installations — easily changed in the field
- Key Override: Key-in-Lever/Key-in-Knob cylinders, small format interchangeable cores, large format removable cores available
- Access schedules — Up to 16 different access schedules may be programmed into lock
- Holiday/Vacation — Up to 32 different holiday/vacation blocks may be programmed into lock
Operation Mode Options
- PIN only, card only or PIN followed by card access
- Passage — can be toggled on/off or can be pre-programmed to re-lock after a certain number of hours
Certifications & Standards
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- 3-hour, UL/ULC fire door rating for “A” labeled doors
- ANSI/BHMA A156.2, Grade 1 Certification
- 3-year warranty from date of installation; built-in warranty counter in lock memory
Smart Card Locks Act As First Line of DefenseCompanies spend millions to fortify their networks, yet when it comes to their physical security, more vulnerabilities exist because of how easily keys can be copied, lost, and stolen. The reality is doors within departments, offices, or buildings get left unsecured. An inside hack may be able to compromise a computer network, server, or file, but if they can't get through the door to carry out their siege, it won't matter.
Computers & Data End Points Better Secured with Electronic LocksRecently a story broke about breached security tokens 40 million employees use to log on to their computers. Imagine if a worker with an ax to grind could waltz into a private office where the door was left propped open and log on to a computer they weren't cleared for. In no time flat they could steal corporate secrets or customer's private information. The manager said he 'meant' to lock the door, but he always leaves it propped when he's only going to be gone for a 'few minutes.' The seriousness of using keys for any doors cannot be understated. With loss on the rise at small, mid, and large companies nationwide, attention to security for physical spaces is growing.
Smart Card Access Control System to Grow With YouInstitutions, hospitals, and facilities agree they can no longer afford to have doors secured by key only. Overhauling one-off doors, and groups of doors with the E-Plex 5600 smart card lock allows you to expand your network access control and perimeter card security to additional physical openings throughout your facility as the need arises. E-Plex smart card locks are an easier, more scaleable, less costly solution than going hardwired.
Cutting-Edge Design for Fast Installation & High-Powered PerformanceFacilities with existing Mifare, DESFire, or HID iClass smart cards will appreciate the fast installation, low maintenance, and easy PC management of this Grade 1 certified smart card lock. The same cards workers move around with clipped to their hip can now be used for any door you give them access to. Providing up to 180,000 cycles, the E-Plex 5600 smart card lock only requires a new set of batteries on the average of every 2-3 years. Another advantage with this stand-alone smart card lock is if you ever lose power to the building, your doors stay secured and operational. Then there's the patented Lectrobolt design. It eliminates wiring not only to the door, but through the door. With some less robust electronic locks this has been a major issue because of pinched wires.
Better Return On Your Access Control InvestmentWhen you get down to the nuts and bolts of it, the features and functionality you get with this stand-alone smart card access control system, versus what you'd pay for a comparable wired system, the choice is obvious. Calculate what you would spend on installation, implementation, and servicing costs by wiring to the door, and you can see the savings and why the E-Plex comes out on top. After a week of getting this lock on your doors, you'll see and feel the difference. Doors will stay locked which otherwise wouldn't be, the number of keys will be reduced, and a higher level of safety among users and managers will be realized. The E-Plex lock ensures only authorized persons can open the door, and can do it instantly, without needing to hassle with keys, or wait for a maintenance tech to let them in.
8 7/8 (H) x 3 3/8 (W) x 3 3/16 (D) in.
8 7/8 (H) x 3 3/16 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
300 with LearnLok, 3,000 with optional software
4 to 8 Digits
|Event Audit Trail|
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-31° F (-35° C) to + 151° F (66° C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
-31° F (-35° C) to + 130° F (55° C)
Solid cast, ADA-compliant levers, Solid cast exterior housing
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Through-Bolt Hole(s)
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 5 in.
E-Plex Wireless, Kaba E-Plex
Audit Trail, Scheduling, Passage Mode
Keypad – Digits, Smart Card/Fob
UL 3 hr. Latch
Grade 1 (Best)
Grade 1 (Best)
3 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Hello! I would like to contact with you about the Access Control Software free download here http...There are no answers for this question yet. Answer now
- Q Hello! I would like to contact with you about the most simple and reliable RFID long-range access...There are no answers for this question yet. Answer now
- Answered by the admin
Unfortunately this lock is not designed to be exposed on both sides to weather conditions. For a gate we would recommend the PDL3000 proximity card reader as it is designed to work outside and both sides are weatherproofed.
- Answered by the admin
While the lock itself is not WiFi it does have a wireless antenna, and gateway setup that can bee added to the locks. It does not however work on WiFi and must be used on Kaba's own wireless network via zigbee. Please contact out sales staff to ensure you purchase all of the product necessary to make your system operational. You can reach them at 937-890-2333 opt. 1.