Kaba E-Plex E5031 Grade 1 Electronic Push Button Lock
$501.78 – $546.70
- Heavy Duty – ANSI/BHMA Grade 1, stand-alone access control lock
- Cylindrical latch-bolt locking mechanism (latch includes a 1/4″ deadlocking plunger bolt to prevent jimmying of door)
- Supports 100 users; 4-8 digit user access codes (100 million possible code combinations)
- Easy programming via keypad or PC using optional E-Plex Software Implementation Kit (available at checkout)
- PC management simplifies administration of doors and users as facility’s number of personnel and access points grow
- Records a time/date stamp (audit trail) of when user’s accessed your door. Downloads into easy to use reports. Requires E-plex® 300 Software Implementation Kit (sold separately)
- 3 operating modes: PIN code entry, lockout, or passage mode (you can toggle the passage mode, or program it so the door re-locks after certain number of hours [1-24])
- 5 authority access levels let you determine who has privileges to specific lock functions
- Battery Operation: 4 AA alkaline batteries included. Batteries located in interior housing cover. Low battery indicator. Non-volatile memory; lock’s data preserved if batteries fail
- Tested extensively in outdoor and marine environments – performed flawlessly
- Choose from 6 decorative finishes – please allow for small lead time on premium finishes; bright brass, satin brass, and bright chrome
- Quick and easy installation. Patented electrobolt technology provides “sandwich” fitting. No wiring to or through door; no risk of pinched wires. Instructions and two-hole drilling template supplied
- Out of the box ready – programming and operating manuals provided
- Optional remote unlock feature
- Backset Size: 2 3/4″ backset included (2 3/8″ available at checkout) – How do I measure?
- Emergency key override using universal 6 pin cylinder (common for commercial applications) with Schlage C keyway. Two nickel silver keys, and 4 additional tailpieces (part that connects outside lock to inside lock) included. These tailpieces allow you to use other name brand cylinders in the lock should you choose. Need this same lock with IC or Removable core? Click here
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty; built-in warranty counter
Outclasses. Outlasts. Outperforms. E-Plex 5000 Series makes upgrading your traditional keyed-in locks or mechanical push-button locks easy. This lock combines the strength, simplicity, and reliability of the distinguished Kaba Simplex, with the enhanced security and convenience of stand-alone electronic access control. You and your staff can now use secure codes for access. And since the E-Plex 5000 auto-locks, you gain assurance your doors always stay locked. This adds another layer of security to protect the people, and confidential and/or private information in the spaces behind those doors. Does this lock require AC/DC current? Nope. It saves you on the ownership costs of implementation and installation with its fully battery powered design. You can get up and running in less than hour time. “I’ve never heard of Kaba, who are they?” Glad you asked! Kaba’s track record for making first-class locking technologies goes back to the 1800’s. They rank as the largest provider of access control products in the world.
8 7/8 (H) x 3 3/8 (W) x 3 3/16 (D) in.
8 7/8 (H) x 3 3/16 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum||
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum||
2 1/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
|Audit Trail Events||
|Outside Operating Temperature Range||
-31 °F (-35 °C) to + 151 °F (66 °C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range||
-31 °F (-35 °C) to + 130 °F (55 °C)
Solid cast, ADA-compliant levers, Solid cast housings
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Through-Bolt Hole(s), Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width||
Minimum 5 in.
E-Plex Wireless, Kaba E-Plex
Passage Mode, Audit Trail
Keypad – Digits
3-hour UL/ULC fire rating for A labeled doors
Grade 1 (Best)
Grade 1 (Best)
3 Year Manufacturer
Questions and answers of the customers
Q does the lock have an daytime override feature so that the building can be accessed without codes... answer nowAYes, you are able to use one of two operations in order to accomplish this feature. It can be toggled on and off or it can be pre-programmed to relock after a certain number of hours (from 1 to 24) via a single code.