Kwikset SmartCode 888
Z-Wave Plus Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt
Pocket fishing for keys is over! Securely lock and unlock your home from anywhere at anytime through Home Connect. Send guest access codes, monitor lock activity, and connect to other smart home devices too. One touch locking, and the specially designed tapered deadbolt even correct misaligned doors easily and securely.
- 5-Button keypad with one-touch locking
- Motorized deadbolt enables true remote locking and unlocking
- Lock and unlock anywhere
- Tapered deadbolt design permits misaligned doors to lock an unlock with ease
- Features SmartKey® Re-Key Technology with BumpGuardTM Protection
- Replaces existing deadbolt with just a screwdriver
- No hard wiring needed
- Auto re-lock 30 seconds after unlocking – ON/OFF
- Interior LED locked/unlocked status – ON/OFF
- Audible feedback – ON/OFF
- 30 user access code capacity with 4–8 digit code length
- MasterCode feature for improved user code management
- 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) communication
- Meets BHMA Grade 3 deadbolt operational and security standards
- Drill and pick resistant backup keyway with BumpGuardTM protection
- Incorrect code protection with audible alarm
- Audit trail logging stores access history in the lock memory
- Date/time scheduled user access control
- Z-Wave Plus wireless technology
- Range: Typical 160 ft or more open air line of sight
Requires Z-Wave controller or alarm system to utilize remote access capabilities
The SmartCode 888 features Z-Wave Plus in a smartlock that allows you lock and unlock your home from anywhere, send guest access codes, monitor lock activity, and connect to other smart home devices through a Home Connect compatible system. One touch locking promotes a quick, easy and secure exit, and an optional 30 second re-locking feature locks up behind you if you forget to do it yourself. Due to the tapered deadbolt design, this lock even secures misaligned doors. An optional interior LED light turns on display locked or unlocked status. Manufactured to pick and bump resistant specifications thanks to Kwikset’s BumpGuard technology, the SmartCode 888 lock replaces the traditional pin and tumbler design with a side locking bar. Kwikset’s SmartKey cylinder allows you to re-key within seconds, giving you piece of mind in case you lose your backup keys. Kwikset makes lock installation even easier with the 888 smart lock’s smaller interior size, auto handing feature and the removal of hex head screws. All you need is a screwdriver and 30 minutes on a Saturday afternoon.
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
2 21/32 (W) x 4 19/32 (H) x 1 3/16 (D) in.
2 3/4 in., 2 3/8 in.
1 in. diameter latch hole, 2 1/8 in. diameter face hole, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
1 3/4 in.
1 x 2 1/4 in. round corner standard
2 3/4 x 2 1/8 in.
4 to 8 Digits
Activity Monitoring, Auto Relocking, Remote Control, Scheduling, Tamper Alerts, Z-Wave Plus
Grade 3 (Good)
Exterior: -40°F to 150°F, Interior: 32°F to 140°F
Exterior 100% condensing, Interior 30% – 95% non-condensing
1 Year Electronic, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Ring Video Doorbell
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Do I understand correctly, the lock may used as keyless entry and not be connected to the internet? answer nowAsked by June 8, 2020 4:55 PMonAnswered by the admin
That is correct, the lock does not need to be connected to the internet to use the keyless entry.
- Answered by the admin
To exchange the batteries, remove the security screw securing the black RF window to the interior cover and push it up to expose the battery pack tab. Use the tab to pull the battery pack up and out for quick access to the batteries!
- Q Do i have to use a hub or can I use my smartphone. I have the 910 but it stopped working 2 days a... answer nowAsked by May 7, 2019 8:29 PMonA
This is a Z-wave lock so it would connect through your HUB to your app. As long as you can lock and unlock through your app it would work the same as your 910.
- Q my door (old home ) is 2 ½ " thick. Do I have a smart keyless option? answer nowAsked by March 3, 2019 3:31 PMon
- Q How many times can you switch the access pin on each individual lock, I am thinking of using this... answer nowAsked by January 18, 2019 3:21 PMonA
You can change, add and remove codes as often as you need. As for how many, much of it depends on the distance from the Vera Plus. For a hotel type situation, we would strongly recommend speaking with our sales staff to ensure that you choose the best products for your needs.
- Q Which Z-Wave hub allows you to program codes remotely? answer nowAsked by August 20, 2018 10:56 AMonA
For programming codes to the lock, it is about the app or pc program you have to use with the HUB which may or may not allow you to program codes.
- Q At first, the the 'gokeyless.com' ad states that it can unlock and lock from anywhere. I don't se... answer nowAsked by July 15, 2018 12:23 PMonA
Because this is a Z-wave lock when it is paired with a Z-wave hub it can be locked an unlocked remotely from either the Hub interface app or online service depending upon the Z-wave Hub type. We recommend using this lock with the VeraPlus Hub which once connected to the internet will allow the remote locking and unlocking of the door. We recommend that you speak with our qualified sales staff about the benefits of using Z-wave hubs and products for full home automation.