SmartCode Contemporary 914
Z-Wave Plus Single Cylinder Touchpad Deadbolt
Sporting a new contemporary look, the SmartCode 914 is an ideal fit for the modern home. Equipped with Kwikset Home Connect and Z-Wave Plus, configure up to 30 user codes for family and friends, lock and unlock your door remotely, check the lock’s status and even connect with other devices to create scenes when you come home.
- New contemporary design
- 10 digit backlit touchpad with one touch locking
- Motorized deadbolt – enables true remote locking and unlocking
- Sleek metal design for enhanced quality
- Home Connect and Z-Wave Plus wireless technology
- Up to 30 customization user access codes for family and guests
- Mastercode feature for improved user access code management
- Lock and unlock your doors from anywhere
- View lock status and receive notifications of your lock’s activity
- Connect to other devices in the home and create scenes driven by the door lock
- SmartKey re-key technology with BumpGuard protection
- Revolutionary tapered deadbolt design – enables misaligned doors to lock without pulling and pushing your door shut
- Replaces existing door hardware with just a screwdriver
- No hard wiring needed
- Operates on 4 AA batteries that will last for approximately 1 year
Requires Z-Wave controller for wireless Home Connect features
The SmartCode 914 sports a new modern look, responsive backlit touchpad, Home Connect capabilities and now the improved Z-Wave Plus. Easily configure up to 30 user access codes for family and guests, lock and unlock the door remotely, and see whether or not the door is locked, right from your smart device. The lock is equipped with a tapered motorized deadbolt which ensures a secure lock every time, even on misaligned doors. If you have other Z-Wave devices, you can set up scenes through your compatible home network that are triggered by the door lock, such as turning on lights or the thermostat when you enter your home.
Requires Home Connect or Z-Wave controller for wireless features
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
4 7/16 (H) x 2 25/32 (W) x 1 3/16 (D) in.
5 3/4 (H) x 2 11/16 (W) x 2 3/32 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
4 to 8 Digits
16 (Up to 30 when connected to Z-Wave network)
2 3/4 in., 2 3/8 in., Adjustable
Front body: Weather Resistant
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-40°F – 180°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
32°F – 122°F
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 4 in.
Keypad – Digits
Activity Monitoring, Remote Control, Status Monitoring, Z-Wave Plus
Up to 16
Grade 2 (Better)
Kwikset Recodeable (KW1)
40 ft. (increase range with repeaters / mesh network)
UL 20 min.
1 Year Electronic, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish