Industrial Strength Keyless Door Lock
Meet the steel that will keep you secure day in and day out. With a heavy duty lever and passage function, this lock uses recessed buttons for added security and a breakaway slip clutch in the handle that prevents damage when unauthorized use occurs. Very tough.
- 100% Mechanical combination door lock; no batteries or wires necessary
- Industrial Strength
- Code can be 3-5 characters in length (a code with more or less characters requires a Tumbler Pack – sold separately at checkout)
- Virtually Indestructible: Components made of brass, stainless steel and diecast zinc
- Fits in standard 2 1/8″ door hole and covers it completely
- Latchbolt with deadlocking plunger for added security; 2 3/8″ and 2 3/4″ backsets included
- Full size reversible lever handle – ADA certified
- Automatically locks door when closed unless you have engaged the “passage” feature (In pass-thru mode door will latch shut, but not lock. To set pass-thru, simply press the ‘R’ button, followed by your pass-code)
- Clutch lever handle prevents damage if mechanism forces
- Installation is EASY – instructions, positioning template, and mounting hardware is included
- Completely weatherproof
- Tens of thousands of codes to choose from
- Fits nearly all hinged doors
Lever: 5 (W) x 3/4 (H) in., Lock: 7 1/2 (H) x 2 7/16 (W) x 2 7/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/16 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 11/64 in.
3 to 5 Characters
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 4 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in., Through-Bolt Hole(s)
2 ¾, 2 ⅜
Keypad – Digits
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q I require an extended deadbolt...is this available for this lock answer nowAsked by Philip Olson on August 4, 2018 5:45 PMA
No, at this time this lock does not have an extended deadbolt.
- Q What happens if there is a malfunction and the lock does not unlock? answer nowAsked by rica on May 20, 2018 3:09 PMA The lock would need to removed from the door. It should be mentioned that the parts of this lock have a lifetime warranty, so any issues that may arise can be replaced or fixed in these type of scenarios.
- Q Is this model include both sides, or just the keypad side. The pictures show both sides. answer nowAsked by Joshua Taylor on January 25, 2018 8:12 AMA You will receive both a front and back to the lock. The front will have your coded entry and the back will have your handle for exiting the door.
- Q How does one activate and de-activate the pass through function answer nowAsked by george hatfield on May 29, 2017 10:47 PMA
To put the lock into passage mode you must first push the C button to clear the lock. You then hit the R button followed by your code, with no C button being pushed. To restore back to locking press the R button and then the C button.
- Q Can this be installed upside down? With the handle at the top? answer nowAsked by Rhonda on April 29, 2017 12:23 PMAYes, It will change the handing direction and the code will be upside down but it can be done.
- Q Can this lock be attached to a wooden gate door or does it need to be attached to a metal post/fr... answer nowAsked by Joanne on April 17, 2017 4:39 PMA
Yes, it can be attached to a wood gate. You will need to make sure you meet the minimum required thickness and that you do not have larger than a 1/8 inch gap from the gate to the post. It must be installed just like a standard door installation so anything greater than 1/8 inch will not allow this lock to lock securely. If you have a metal gate you can use one of the weldable gate boxes just make sure to choose steel or aluminum.
- Q Can the code be changed frequently without trouble? answer nowAsked by Tony Holland on February 22, 2017 10:38 PMA
Typically this lock is not recommend for daily or even weekly requirements for needing to change the code. You have to remove the front lock body, flip it over, and then re-arrange the blue and red tumblers. While it's not difficult, if you are needing to do this with a high degree of frequency, it takes about 5 minutes each time. We would recommend the Simplex 5021 which is similar in durability and allows you to change the code without removing the front housing, or the Trilogy DL2700 Weatherproof, which is an electronic lock and allows you to re-program codes at the keypad by finger tip.