Lockey 2835 Marine Grade Mechanical Keyless Lock
Volume pricing applied in cart
- All mechanical keyless lever handle cylindrical latchbolt lock. No batteries or wires necessary. Plunger bolt to prevent jimmying or knifing of the latch
- Special marine grade finish. See More Lockey 2835 finishes
- Auto-locking with passage feature. To set passage function, (door latches shut but stays unlocked) simply enter your secret code and then enter the (Y) button. The lock will remain in the passage mode until you press the (Y) button followed by the (C) button.
- ADA compliant access
- Code can be 3-5 characters in length (a code with more or less characters requires a Tumbler Pack – sold separately at checkout)
- To enter, punch in code, push down on lever handle and open
- To lock when exiting simply shut the door behind you. It auto re-locks
- Weatherproof performance and durability. Marine rated for salt-air environments
- Bump-proof security
- Door thickness: Fits doors 1 3/16″ ~ 2 5/32″ thick (extension kits available at checkout for doors up to 5″ thick)
- Backset: Adjustable
- Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty Guaranty
1 5/8 (W) x 5 1/2 (H) x 2 1/4 (D) in.
|Total Coverage with Trim Plates|
2 1/2 (W) x 6 1/2 (H) x 2 1/4 (D) in.
|ADA Lever Dimensions|
4 (W) x 1 (H) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/16 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 5/32 in.
3 to 5 Characters
Zinc-plated Steel, Teflon coated stainless steel interior components
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 in.
1/2 in. throw
Lockey / Digital
Keypad – Digits
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Is it true the passcode does not have to be entered in the same order that it was saved? answer nowAnswered by the admin
Yes, that is correct. With mechanical locks sequence does not matter as you can only press each button one time and once it is pressed it remains used until the code is cleared either by entering or using the clear button. When it comes to choosing codes it is recommended that you use four digits and that you separate them on the keypad so they are not in sequential order. Keep in mind that a person must exactly guess which four digits you are using and they must not press any other numbers as that will cause a code failure. So while you may be able to press in the code in any direction to work there is still guesswork involved for someone attempting to figure it out unless you were to use something as obvious as a house number or birth date.
- Q Can this be installed upside down so we could still use the deadbolt above it at night? answer nowAnswered by the admin Theoretically yes, but when you enter a code you will have to pull up on the handle instead of down.
- Answered by the admin This lock will not cover the top deadbolt hole when installing in the lower handle hole of the door. In most cases with a commercial door, you would need a cover plate to span that distance. Take a look at the link below. https://www.gokeyless.com/product/donjo-14cw-wrap-plate/
- Answered by the admin Because this is a mechanical lock there are no electronic components in the hardware. If you desire a backlit lock at night take a look at the link below for a good option. https://www.gokeyless.com/product/schlage-fe575-keypad-lock-elan/
- Answered by the admin This lock has a reversible handle. Upon installation, you can define the needed handing you desire.
- Q I want to buy this lock, I may have to change the combination several times a year. What happens ... answer nowAnswered by the admin This is a tumbler based lock. You will need to remove the lock from the door in order to re-program the code on the lock. Lockey provides great programming information for you do this.
- Q What materials are used inside the marine finish housing? Likelihood of rusting out in a west coa... answer nowAnswered by the admin
The primary material is Zinc with a Teflon coating to protect against the salt air. It is also recommended that you purchase the Silicon Super Lube to coat the interior plate to help prevent any rusting. As always these have a lifetime warranty.
- Q Will lock work in michigan with in floor heat? Current key pad will not work in winter due to con... answer nowAnswered by the admin
Yes, as this is a mechanical lock it is not affected by too hot or too cold. The only issues would be ice so it is recommended that you use a weather-guard cover to protect against ice forming on the outside of the lock.
- Q I currently have a keyless door lock on my outdoor entry to a alley. This is the third time it ha... answer nowAnswered by the adminThe Lockey 2835 MG version is marine grade and is designed to handle tough saltwater environments. Without knowing anything about your current lock there is no way to compare this to that one.This lock though if installed properly should prevent anything like that happening. However, any product that fills up with water will eventually rust out and will need to be replaced.