Lockey SUMO GL2
Surface Mount Gate Lock
This lock is no pushover! The Lockey SUMO GL2 gate lock protects your pool, dock or beach access during off hours with its keyed cylinder lockout function that prevents code use when locked. A well engineered auto-locking with passage mode option lets you effortlessly control the lock for your environment throughout the day.
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Cabinet Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Commercial Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
- Single Combination – Double Combination model also available
- Easy to install surface mount gate kit, lock included
- Adapter kit available for chain link gates
- No welding needed
- Locks automatically
- Equipped with passage function
- Keyed cylinder lockout function prevents code use when locked
- Deadlocking spring latch prevents tampering
- Adjustable strike accommodates gaps between gate and post up to 2”
- One user code, thousands of possible combinations
- Changeable handing
- Built from zinc plated steel
- Teflon coated stainless steel interior components
- Ideal for ornamental, aluminum, vinyl, and wood gates
- For Exterior and Interior Use
- Weather Resistant
- Lifetime Mechanical Warranty*
Please note: To retain product warranty, a slam prevention device must also be installed on the gate
Take down weak security at your gates with Sumo! You can depend on the SUMO GL2 Surface Mount Gate Lock to protect your pool, dock or beach access after hours. Using the keyed cylinder lockout function, staff can lock the gate with the key and render the keypad inoperable. Everything will be locked down for the night so even users with the code cannot enter. The deadlocking spring latch prevents tampering, meaning no one will be able to jimmy the lock open. Passage mode is for times such as swimming or boating competitions, community pool or dock parties, or simply operating hours, where you have a lot of people coming and going through the gate. You don’t have time to be waiting for people to enter a code for each access. This lock is excellent for gates that surround your indoor and outdoor pools, private beaches, or other liability areas to keep children from harm when you aren’t around to supervise them. No welding needed as the lock housing secures to your existing gate with the included mounting kit. Weather resistant and built from zinc plated steel, it will function in any situation. The SUMO GL2 is ideal for ornamental, aluminum, vinyl, and wood gates.
On Fence Post: 8 5/8 (H) x 1 1/2 (W) x 2 1/4 (D) in., On Gate: 9 5/16 (H) x 2 1/2 (W) x 4 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 1/4 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
3 1/2 in.
2 to 5 digits
Lever Handle Door Locks
Jet Black Marine Grade, Satin Chrome Marine Grade
Keypad – Digits
Auto Relocking, Passage Mode, Privacy
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can the code be changed or is there just one code the whole time? answer nowAsked by Shernetter on May 21, 2022 10:24 PMA
You can change the access code whenever you desire. Please keep in mind that the lock will need to be uninstalled to change the access code to a new combination.
- Q Need to know how to aet into passage mode as my installee didnt leave any directions. Thank you answer nowAsked by Kevin on May 14, 2022 6:51 PMA
To put the lock-in and out of passage mode, you will want to press the Y button after entering your access code before pulling on the lever. When the Y button is depressed with your combination, this will toggle the unit to stay unlocked or lock down when the handle is rotated.
- Q Can this have unlock passage mode on one side and lock on the other? answer nowAsked by Beth on October 24, 2021 11:37 AMA
The interior handle is always set to passage mode. The exterior side can be set to passage and deactivated as desired.
- Q Can it be installed flipping the coded and non-coded handles so that non-coded one is on the same... answer nowAsked by Jerry on August 30, 2021 9:07 PMA
The handles can be reversed to operate in either direction. However, the keypad side will need to be installed on the same side as the bolt. A double combination model is available if required.
- Q Wouldn't someone be able to simply unscrew the visible/hex key locking mechanism and bypass the l... answer nowAsked by Chase on December 1, 2020 3:16 PMA
The latch bolt has a security screw that must be set while installing the lock onto the gate. This security screw ensures that the bolt cannot be unscrewed while the lock is installed.
- Q Wanting to confirm that you do not have to press multiple buttons at the same time to open the gate. answer nowAsked by Sarah Carroll on October 5, 2020 6:08 PMA
You would be correct! Each button is pushed independently until the full code is complete. Once the valid code has been entered, pulling down on the handle will retract the latch.
- Q My gate is 4” thick. Will it work with the two handles being this far apart? answer nowAsked by Dave on August 14, 2020 5:07 PMA
The maximum thickness that this lock will support is 3 1/2 in.
- Q Can the non-coded handle be mounted on the keyed lockout side (inside of the gate) with the coded... answer nowAsked by Tom on June 21, 2020 6:35 PMA
You would have the ability to install the lock in this manner. However, the noncoded side acts as a passage handle and will unlock the latch when turned.
- Q What closing bar operates with this lock? The warranty is void unless it has a closing bar operat... answer nowAsked by Alex Hall on May 8, 2020 9:22 AMA
A closing bar is also known as a gate closer. This is a device that prevents your gate from slamming shut after entry. You may use any gate closer you wish for your application.