PRECISION Electric Exit Device
with SHELTER technology
SHELTER Cloud-Based Management Software Subscription available.
Shelter your building with precision. PRECISION Electric Exit Device with SHELTER technology provides dependable egress and security to perimeter doors, gymnasiums, music rooms, and more! Incorporate code-compliant access control by remotely locking or unlocking of the outside trim for entry doors.
Antimicrobial finishes are available for this product! Please call for more information and ordering assistance.
- Available for 2100, 2200, 2700 and 2800 Series devices
- Also available on the E2303 Mortise Lock
- Compatible with Kaba E-Plex E5710 Exit Trim Lock, Kaba E-Plex E5010 and Simplex 5010
- Works with SHELTER Gateway, Repeater and Fob
- Fail Secure (FSE) standard
- When power is off the trim is locked
- Power is applied to unlock the trim
- May be field converted to the Fail Safe (FS) mode, specify outside trim with “08” function
- If outside cylinder (mechanical override) is not required, specify outside trim with “14” function
- Heavy-duty construction with strongest lever trim
- Independent UL tested to 10 million cycles and each incremental millionth cycle—far exceeding industry standards
- Investment cast steel chassis provides maximum security against forced entry and reduces the risk of bending
- NFPA compliant FCC Part 15, B
- With few moving parts in the single spring, push-bar operation, no parts or maintenance kits are required
- Hardened steel hex dogging assembly offers a large-diameter wrench, which reduces metal fatigue from repeated dogging operations
- True architectural finish allows for a uniform look throughout the product line
- Universal function and field reversible, not requiring any parts kit
- Low-profile push-bar endcaps and no exposed pinch points or garment snags provide easy egress for carts, beds, etc
- When used with the SHELTER operating system, the E lock exit device option is a good solution for classroom applications with high occupant loads (i.e., music rooms, science and technology labs, etc.). This also provides the capability to be integrated into a first response alarm system
- Satin Aluminum finish
- Apex Rim
- Reversible, Wide Stile
- Device Only
- Electric Lock/Unlock Outside Trim
For additional model options, information, or ordering assistance, please contact our Education team at 877-439-5377 ext. 140
When a threat arrives you need to be able to exit the situation immediately. The PRECISION Electric Exit Device with SHELTER technology provides a secure and safe egress solution for high capacity areas such as gymnasiums, science and technology labs, and assembly halls. Able to communicate with first response alarm systems through the SHELTER management software (sold separately). Heavy-duty construction, strongest lever trim and durable Investment cast steel chassis reduces the risk of bending and provides maximum security from forced entry. Independent UL tested to 10 million cycles and each incremental millionth cycle which far exceeds industry standards. The device has no exposed pinch points and with a low-profile push-bar means no snagging or pinching objects and easy access for carts, hospital beds and more! Very easy to maintain with few moving parts, universal function and field reversible, requiring no parts or maintenance kits.
The cloud-based SHELTER management software integrates with first response and electronic systems. Configure and manage your property’s SHELTER network from any web browser, anywhere! Create locking scenarios where a fob controls one door, a wing, or the entire facility. Also receive and send email/text alerts for lockdown status changes, view reports, and run diagnostic tests.
BEST SHELTER LOCKDOWN SYSTEM
A unique combination of code-compliant hardware and proven technology is a responsive lockdown solution ideal for all types of business environments and budgets. Even more, SHELTER was developed with input from those who have experienced live lockdown situations. This distinct perspective led to an innovative set of features and functionality that allows businesses to custom tailor how SHELTER responds in the event of a lockdown.
- SHELTER Cloud-Based Management Software Subscription
- 9KX Wireless Cylindrical Lock
- 45HX Wireless Mortise Lock
- Electric Exit Device
- Recommended for optimal function of your SHELTER system
- $50 per month, billed annually
- 3 year plan minimum
- 1st YEAR is FREE
The SHELTER portal allows school administrators, commercial facility managers and security officers to easily connect to the system from most web browsers and perform operations such as:
- Enrolling devices and defining groups
- Identifying self-diagnostics and who receives notifications
- Assigning fobs to initiate lockdown of a single door, groups of doors or the entire facility
- Monitoring system activity
- Managing notifications for lockdown status changes
- Setting up network users
GATEWAY AND REPEATERS
At the core of the SHELTER system is a gateway that sends signals to each door lock to initiate lockdown. Plugged into a UPS or power supply with battery back-up, the SHELTER gateway doesn’t require an Internet connection to initiate lockdown. This alleviates any concerns that your network must be operational during the most critical times. With a 400-foot range,* the gateway can be paired with up to seven repeaters to extend the signal range throughout a building. Additionally, with assistance from your integration resource, the SHELTER repeater can be configured to send a relay signal to your pre-installed access control system, allowing communication with first responders.
*Wireless range will vary based on application, operating environment, building materials and external factors. A site survey is highly recommended to determine the specific requirements for your application.
Specific hardware can be enrolled on your SHELTER 900 MHz secure wireless network to quickly lock doors via a fob. BEST offers the SHELTER enabled 9KX cylindrical lock and the 45HX mortise lock equipped with both classroom and storeroom functionality. A door can be locked/unlocked manually at your discretion, or locked down from the fob so that the outside lever is rigid and requires a key to retract the latch for entry. Likewise, electrified exit devices, like the PRECISION Apex 2000 Series, can be connected to a SHELTER repeater. This allows the outside trim to be locked/unlocked remotely to enable lockdown, while always ensuring free egress.
1 3/4 in.
Best, Precision Doors and Hardware
Customer Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.