CLEARANCE – End of Life Sale – Kwikset Premis
Touchscreen Smart Lock
Hey Siri, lock the front door. Kwikset masters the concept of smart home security done simply with Premis. Enter the smart home game with a lock that has evolved far beyond the key. Send electronic keys via email or text from your iOS device, including anytime access, one time within 24hrs., and limited by date/time, and view user history from the Premis app. Through the Apple Home App (already included on your iOS device) you can create “scenes” or automate other Apple HomePod® devices collectively based on an event.
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Cabinet Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Commercial Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
- Sleek capacitive touchscreen
- Lock and unlock your door using Siri® voice commands
- Control and monitor lock status from anywhere using the Kwikset Premis iOS app and Apple TV® (3rd Generation or later)
- Uses Apple approved end-to-end encryption to ensure your security
- Responsive touchscreen is visible day or night. SecureScreen™ technology helps prevent fingerprint and code detection
- Alarm sounds after 3 consecutive incorrect codes are entered
- View lock activity, history and status notifications when lock is used
- Up to 30 custom user access codes for family and guests
- Easily send, add, delete or disable user codes. Schedule access for certain times/days
- Includes 2 keys, 4 AA battery, latch, strike, mounting hardware and SmartKey learn tool
- Matching lower passage lever available
- BHMA grade 2 certified
- 20 Minute fire rating – UL certified
- Full 128-bit encryption security
- SmartKey® re-key technology with BumpGuard™ protection; compatible with Kwikset (KW1) keyway
- Revolutionary tapered deadbolt design— enables misaligned doors to lock without pulling and pushing your door shut
- SecureScreen Technology — randomizes digits prior to personal code entry to keep you safe
- Replaces existing door hardware with just a screwdriver
- No hard wiring needed
- Operates on 4 AA batteries that will last for approximately 1 year
- For best results, the Premis lock should be within 40 feet of an Apple TV® (3rd generation or later) with Apple TV® with tvOS 9.2 or later.
HomeKit™ requires iOS 9.3 or later on the Following Devices:
- iPhone® 4S or newer
- iPad® 2 or newer
- iPad® Mini (all versions)
- iPod touch® 5th gen or newer
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty
- 1 year electronic warranty
5 5/8 (H) x 2 3/16 (W) x 1 3/16 (D) in.
5 3/4 (H) x 2 3/4 (W) x 1 15/16 (D) in.
4 to 8 Digits
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Key, Keypad – Digits, Smartphone/App
Audit Trail, Bluetooth, Remote Control, Temporary Codes, Timed Codes
Front body: Weather Resistant
Grade 2 (Better)
UL 20 min.
Kwikset Recodeable (KW1)
1 Year Electronic, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
- Versions of iPhone, iPod, iPad, and iOS Premis lock can be enrolled with compatible HomeKit enable devices running IOS 8.1 or newer. These include the iPhone 4S, all iPhone 5, 6 and 7 variants, iPad 2 or newer, all versions of iPad Mini, and the iPod Touch 5th generation or newer.
- Compatible versions of Apple TV Premis is compatible with 4th generation or newer.
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can you replace the deadbolt with one that needs a key on both sides of the door instead of just ... answer nowAsked by September 27, 2018 12:59 PMonA
No, they do not have a double-sided version of this lock. If you need a double sided version the M210 mechanical lock is the best option as there are no electronic double-sided deadbolt.
- Q Does the lock require any additional equipment to work with Apple home? answer nowAsked by October 6, 2017 11:47 AMonA
No, only if you wish to use it remotely from another location or outside of the Bluetooth range. If so you will need to use the Apple TV Hub.
- Q Does this lock have the capability to lock on its own after leaving your home automatically ? answer nowAsked by August 5, 2017 6:38 PMonA
Yes, it has an auto lock feature that you can turn on or off through a switch on the back.
- Q I'm thinking of installing this on a vacation rental unit - the door is exposed to the elements -... answer nowAsked by June 8, 2017 10:14 AMonAYes, the outside of the lock is designed for exposure to the elements.
- Q How would you access your house if you lost power or internet service, and didn't have your key?? answer nowAsked by May 2, 2017 11:53 AMonAWith the Premis lock even if you lose the internet the lock will still retain the last codes programmed into it. So as long as you have a code in the lock you can enter without a key or internet service.
- Q Can this replacement fit a glass door lower cylinder lock ? answer nowAsked by April 6, 2017 10:09 AMonA No, this lock is not designed for that type of mounting. All glass doors require special locks such as the Adams Rite RT1050, or CL4000GD by Codelocks, or if you have an aluminum frame storefront type glass doors you'll need a Trilogy DL1200, DL1300, or E-Plex 3000. Make sure to select all of the accessories you will need when add this to your shopping cart.
- Q What would happen if you accidentally left your cell phone at home? answer nowAsked by March 30, 2017 9:27 PMonA While the cell phone is used to remote lock and unlock the door when paired with Apple TV, and for unlocking within Bluetooth range, it is not the only means of access. You can program a code into the lock so you can lock and unlock your door without the phone.