Offline Modular Magnetic Stripe + Keypad Lock
$1,048.65 – $1,623.74
The Schlage AD-250 classroom/storeroom function lock is recommended for storage rooms, and other rooms where lockdown is not needed. There is no need to route to doors throughout the day and reprogram locks. This allows facility & security staff to be more productive, and not have to delay handling other issues.
For more information or ordering assistance, please call our Commercial Project Specialists at 877-439-5377 ext 9003
- Leverages your current “one-card” system
- Dual credential Magnetic Stripe + Keypad — Not only what you have (card), but also what you know (PIN)
- Codes may be 3-6 digits in length
- Heavy-duty, ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 electronic offline lock system; Leads in independent third-party testing
- Users: Unlimited, dependant on software
- Upgradeable — Lock can be upgraded to new credential reader and/or migrated to networked solution without removing lock from the door. Reader options; MSK Magnetic stripe (swipe) + keypad, magnetic stripe (swipe), MG magnetic stripe (insert)
- Scaleable — AD locks are designed to grow/evolve with you. For example, start with a few offline doors now, then add openings in the future, and eventually network the whole system, giving you the ability to lockdown the campus in seconds
- Flexible — AD 250 locks available in variety of chassis. Perfect for campuses with many different door applications
- Eliminates functional deficits of traditional mechanical lock systems
- PC Software Programmed — Requires Schlage Select software, and Handheld Device (HHD) (sold separately)
- Update Users and Access Rights Using Credentials — Effective, efficient solution for campus-like environments with large numbers of users and offline openings. No need to visit each lock
- Installs with drill and screwdriver into wood/metal door prepped for cylindrical latch
- Audit Trail: Connect HHD to the lock to report on prior 10,000 events that allow you to track usage and events using Schlage Select access control software
- Report on mechanical key usage and battery status
- Auto-locking classroom/storeroom cylindrical lockset; Lockset is normally secure. Inside lever always allows free egress. Valid toggle credentials on the exterior may be used to change to a passage or secured status
- Set up to 8 unlock, and time zone schedules, as well as 32 holiday
- 1st Person-in: Restricts users from gaining access — even if door is set on timed unlock — prior to entry of an individual (typically supervisor/manager) with the 1st person-admittance rights
- Satin Chrome with Rhodes style lever
- Fits left and right swing doors
- Step-by-step easy to follow installation and operating manual included
- Mechanical key override using 6-Pin Schlage standard cylinder (compatible with multiple cylinder types). You may select a different lever cylinder type, including less standard Schlage cylinder, or IC (Inter-changeable Core) cylinder prep
- Visual/Audible Communications: Tri-colored LED’s & audible indicators (field configurable)
- System Interface: Handheld Device
- Accessories: Handheld Device (HHD), Schlage Select software
†Auditing, scheduling, and access control features require software
Moms & dads send their kids off to college trusting they’ll be able to learn in a safe environment. Parents don’t want that call their son or daughter has been hurt, or that their MacBook has been stolen. Professors, teaching assistants, and other staff, also want to feel secure inside their buildings, and when moving around on campus. Today, threats to students and faculty has never been higher. Much of it because mechanical keys are unable to provide adequate security. Just ask anyone who runs a lost and found. They get more keys turned in than anything else. And in a less trusting world, we just don’t give out spare keys anymore. You’d think with society becoming more dangerous, doors would get locked, and never left propped open. But because of the inconvenience of carrying keys, this simply isn’t true. It’s why you see theft reports filed daily at our nation’s schools. With magnetic stripe credentials a way of life on campuses, the smartest institutions are taking advantage of new, compatible locking solutions to better protect people, property, and assets. In the form of student ID cards, faculty IDs, and staff ID cards, the same magnetic stripe credentials used for meal purchases, books, etc. can be commissioned for access control. Schlage has a long tradition of being at the forefront in dependable, cost-effective access solutions for universities & colleges. The new Schlage AD-250 offline electronic lock is their best innovation yet. This classroom/storeroom function model is recommended for storage rooms, and rooms where lockdown is not needed. The Schlage AD-250 locks with office function should be used for classrooms and other spaces requiring lockdown. The office function model provides a one-touch pushbutton to lock down the door. This classroom/storeroom model can accomplish this, but it takes extra steps. A teacher would have to open the door from the inside, step outside the classroom, insert their card, and then step back inside their room and close the door. Sometimes seconds can make all the difference. Schlage AD 250 magstripe locks are initially configured using Schlage Select access control management software, and the Schlage HHD hand-held device. After the initialization, locks are maintained with the magnetic stripe credential. There is no need to route to doors throughout the day and reprogram locks. When the newly programmed card is inserted in the AD250 reader, the lock will update. This allows facility & security staff to be more productive, and not have to delay handling other issues. As your security management plans evolve, you can take comfort in knowing your AD-250 lock can be put on your network. This protects your investment today, and gives you ultimate scalability for tomorrow.
Did You Know?
Schlage CO and AD locks are the first electronic locks to be UL (Underwriter’s Laboratory) 294 certified. This is a tougher certification to obtain, as it tests the electronics, not just the mechanical components. Tests for accelerated aging, corrosion resistance, destructive attack, temperature, humidity, and rain are performed. By meeting UL 294 standards, Schlage locks give you more reliability, and preserve your investment.
9.46 (H) x 3.44 (W) x 3.67 (D) in.
3.44 (W) x 12.38 (H) x 3.67 (D) in
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Through-Bolt Hole(s)
Lever Handle Door Locks
Key, Keypad – Digits, Magstripe
Less Reader, Magnetic Stripe + Keypad – MGK
≤ 1 sec.
Based on software configuration
Unlimited with App/Software
Audit Trail, Passage Mode, Scheduling, Timed Codes
Best IC, Sargent IC, Standard Cylinder, Schlage IC, Less Cylinder
4VDC to 26VDC
250 mA @ 24VDC
ADA, FCC Part 15, UL 10C, UL 294
A156.25, Grade 1 (Best)
A156.25, Grade 1 (Best)
-31° to 151°F (-35° to 66°C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
32° to 120°F (0° to 49°C)
|Operating Humidity Maximum|
0 – 100% non-condensing
Front body: Weatherproof, Indoor/Outdoor
Customer Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.