Wall mounted access control reader authenticates 125 kHz proximity and 13.56 MHz smart cards.
- Accommodates interior, exterior, metal, and non-metal installation environments
- Recognizes most proximity credentials, and Schlage smart credentials (MIFARE classic and MIFARE DESFire EV1)
- Reads CSN (card serial numbers) of HID iCLASS, Inside Technologies PicoTag, ST Microelectronics, Texas Instruments Tag-It, and Phillips I-Code
- FIPS 201-1 Compliant
- NFC Compatible
- Quick-connect design for easy installation
- Simple wiring – color scheme is identical to most readers in the market
- Easy-to-install mounting bracket
- Tri-state LED (red, green, amber) visual indicator and audio feedback representing status and activity information, easily discernible for the audibly or visually impaired.
- Rounded corners, flush fit to wall
- Wiegand output for simple interface with most access control panels
- Standard color is black. Multiple reader cover color options including gray, brown, and cream may be specially ordered
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Multi-technology readers may also be specially ordered with RS-485 capability
- The MT15 reader is a replacement for (S)XF1500, (S)XF1550 , (S)XF1560, (S)XF2100, and (S)XF2200 legacy reader products
- Physical Dimensions (HWD): 5.1″ x 3.25″ x 0.76″
- Frequency: 13.56 MHz and 125 kHz
- Standard Default PIV Output: 75 bit†
- Standards: ISO 14443A, 14443B, 15693
- Power: 5-16 VDC
- Wiring: 18 or 20 AWG 12 shielded wire, depending on distance to panel
- Read Range: Proximity: Up to 5” (12.7 cm), MIFARE: Up to 4” (10 cm), DESFire EV1: Up to 2” (5.1 cm), PIV Credential: Up to 2.5” (6.5 cm)
- Operating Temperatures: -40 to 158F (-40 to 70C)
- Material: PBT Polymer
† Configurable to other output formats. Check with access control provider for specific support.
Front-end Only, Multi-Technology, Prox Card/Fob, Smart Card
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can you provide an output format that is lower than 50 bits in Wiegand? answer nowAsked by March 31, 2020 4:52 PMonAnswered by the admin
The reader can be set to 26-bit Wiegand mode with a fixed facility code.
- Q what wire size/guage is required for the card readers? answer nowAsked by April 15, 2018 7:45 PMonA Your wire gauge depends on distance and voltage you are using. Please reference the wire gauge chart below for guidance. https://www.gokeyless.com/learning-center/wire-gauge-selection-guide/
- Q What kind of cards do you have to buy to be compatible with this system and does it come with any... answer nowAsked by January 26, 2017 2:33 PMonA
The MT15 will accept credentials ranging in the standard Weigand 125 kHz 26 bit cards or 13.56 mHz Smart card credential. If you have a card that is within these ranges it will work with this reader. The reader is sold individually and the cards would have to be purchased separately. Also keep in mind that this is not a stand alone unit. This reader will tie into most access control panels. We do have compatible credentials in stock.