Schlage Sense BE479
Need with WiFi adapter? – Check out Schlage Sense Kits
- Camelot trim
- Designed to work with Bluetooth® Smart technology
You speak. It listens. The Schlage Sense™ Smart Deadbolt works with Apple HomeKit™ and responds to Siri®, letting you use your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch® to “talk to unlock” your door. Schlage Sense now available for Android, and new WiFi Adapter lets you lock/unlock from anywhere, and connects to Amazon Alexa for voice controlled locking.
Note: Due to circumstances involving COVID-19, shipping times are delayed for Matte Black (622) finish Schlage products
- One of the strongest, most intelligent Bluetooth™ enabled locks on the market
- Apple HomeKit™ technology provides advanced security with end-to-end encryption and authentication between the Schlage Sense™ Smart Deadbolt and your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®
- When the Schlage Sense lock is placed near an Apple TV®, you gain even more control, like the ability to communicate with your lock via iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®—anywhere, anytime
- Designed to work with Bluetooth® Smart technology
- Built-in alarm technology senses potential door attacks
- Meets the highest industry rating for security and durability
- Easy to set up and program using the Schlage Sense™ app (available for iOS and Android smartphones)
- Homeowners can assign codes or designate phones through the Schlage Sense™ app
- No fees or subscriptions
- Power with 4 off the shelf AA batteries (included)
- Lock holds up to 30 access codes at a time
- Extension kit available for thick doors
Upgrade with Schlage Sense
- Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter (sold separate) — now you can lock/unlock your Sense lock from anywhere! Note: Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter does not work with HomeKit or support the use of Siri voice control
- Schlage Sense app now available for Android – perfect for split device households, Android enthusiasts or owners who haven’t chosen a home automation system yet
- Works with Amazon Alexa – Schlage Sense owners using the Schlage set-up option and the Wi-Fi Adapter can now access their lock via Amazon Alexa Voice Service
*For best results, lock should be within 40 feet of an Apple TV® for remote capability. HomeKit™ requires an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® with iOS 8.4 or later. Controlling HomeKit™-enabled accessories away from home requires an Apple TV® (3rd generation or later) with Apple TV® software 7.0 or later and an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® with iOS 8.4 or later. Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPod touch and Siri are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. HomeKit is a trademark of Apple Inc. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetook SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Schlage Lock Company, LLC is under license.
3 (W) x 5 (H) in.
2.1 (D) x 3 (W) x 8.2 (H) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in. (1 7/8 in. w/ thick door kit)
|Door Thickness Maximum|
1 3/4 in. (2 1/2 in. w/ thick door kit)
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
Keypad – Digits, Smartphone
Audit Trail, Auto Relocking, Bluetooth, Built-in Alarm, Remote Control, Scheduling
Grade 1 (Best)
|Event Audit Trail|
3-Year Limited Electronics, Limited Lifetime Hardware and Finish
If the lock is set up with the Schlage system option (ideal for Android users or households using both Android and iOS), you’ll need to add a Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter to your home Wi-Fi network. Notifications will be enabled by default from the Schlage Sense app but can always be updated to your preference in lock settings.
After you’ve removed the lock from your app, use the app to pair the lock again. This time you will be presented with two options for set up – “Setup with HomeKit” or “Set up with Schlage System.” For your lock to compatible with both the iOS and Android smartphone app, you will need to select “Set up with the Schlage System.”
It’s important to note that virtual keys will not work with locks set up using the HomeKit option. If you’d like to take advantage of virtual keys, you will need to reset your lock to factory settings and re-pair it using the Schlage system setup noted in number 5.
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q On the Schlage Sense keypad, is that a protective peel off cover, or does it remain the way it ca... answer nowAsked by October 14, 2020 3:05 PMonAnswered by the admin
It will remain the way it came. The lighted keys are located behind the touchpad that is not meant to be removed.
- Q Will this lock work with Alexa and an Echo hub device? answer nowAsked by September 23, 2020 12:19 PMonAnswered by the admin
This lock will connect with Alexa when using the Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adaptor.
- Q can this lock be set up on a automatic schedule to unlock and lock at a certain time? and change ... answer nowAsked by June 9, 2020 5:50 PMonAnswered by the admin
This lock can not be set to a schedule on its own but can be set to a schedule if paired with a smart home hub such as Apple HomeKit or Vera.
- Q In the event of technical failure to communicate - can the door code be set manually from the key... answer nowAsked by October 3, 2019 4:10 PMonAnswered by the admin
It certainly can! Typically, when a code is manually enrolled at the lock while the lock is connected to a Vera hub, Vera will actually pull the code from the lock and display this as an enrolled PIN number on your Vera dashboard.
- Q Can this lock be scheduled to be unlocked for a certain time period each day? answer nowAsked by September 24, 2019 5:04 PMonAnswered by the admin
This deadbolt model does not support scheduling. If you are looking for a lock that does have this feature, I would recommend looking into the BE469 and using this in conjunction with a smart hub such as Vera! Schlage BE469
- Answered by the admin
The back of this lock which houses the batteries and electrical components is not sealed, so it can only be installed on a door where the secure side of the door / gate is fully protected, which typically is the case. For an outside gate take a look at the keyless locks that will work for this application.
- Q Can this lock have access code assigned via the app or on site ? This is a property that is for s... answer nowAsked by April 26, 2019 7:20 PMonA
You can set up codes through the app remotely but you must be connected with the lock via Apple TV if you are using HomeKit. We highly recommend you speak with our vacation rental property team to get the best lock and communication device for your situation.
- Q If the two doors you are putting lock are more then 40 ft and the app tells you one of your locks... answer nowAsked by April 13, 2019 6:59 PMonA
Yes, you should be able to pair them through different adapters.