Schlage Sense BE479
Need with WiFi adapter? – Check out Schlage Sense Kits
- Century trim
- Designed to work with Bluetooth® Smart technology
You speak. It listens. The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt works with Apple HomeKit™ and responds to Siri®, letting you use your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch® to “talk to unlock” your door. Schlage Sense now available for Android, and new WiFi Adapter lets you lock/unlock from anywhere, and connects to Amazon Alexa for voice controlled locking.
Note: Due to circumstances involving COVID-19, shipping times are delayed for Matte Black (622) finish Schlage products
- One of the strongest, most intelligent Bluetooth™ enabled locks on the market
- When the Schlage Sense™ lock is placed near an Apple TV®, you gain even more control, like the ability to communicate with your lock via iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®—anywhere, anytime
- Apple HomeKit™ technology provides advanced security with end-to-end encryption and authentication between the Schlage Sense™ Smart Deadbolt and your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®
- Designed to work with Bluetooth® Smart technology
- Built-in alarm technology senses potential door attacks
- Meets the highest industry rating for security and durability
- Easy to set up and program using the Schlage Sense™ app (available for iOS and Android smartphones)
- Homeowners can assign codes or designate phones through the Schlage Sense™ app
- No fees or subscriptions
- Power with 4 off the shelf AA batteries (included)
- Lock holds up to 30 access codes at a time
- Extension kit available for thick doors
Upgrade with Schlage Sense
- Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter (sold separate) — now you can lock/unlock your Sense lock from anywhere! Note: Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter does not work with HomeKit or support the use of Siri voice control
- Schlage Sense app now available for Android – perfect for split device households, Android enthusiasts or owners who haven’t chosen a home automation system yet
- Works with Amazon Alexa – Schlage Sense owners using the Schlage set-up option and the Wi-Fi Adapter can now access their lock via Amazon Alexa Voice Service
*For best results, lock should be within 40 feet of an Apple TV® for remote capability. HomeKit™ requires an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® with iOS 8.4 or later. Controlling HomeKit™-enabled accessories away from home requires an Apple TV® (3rd generation or later) with Apple TV® software 7.0 or later and an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® with iOS 8.4 or later. Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPod touch and Siri are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. HomeKit is a trademark of Apple Inc. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetook SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Schlage Lock Company, LLC is under license.
3 (W) x 5 (H) in.
2.1 (D) x 3 (W) x 8.2 (H) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in. (1 7/8 in. w/ thick door kit)
|Door Thickness Maximum|
1-3/4 in. (2-1/2 in. w/ thick door kit)
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
Keypad – Digits, Smartphone
Audit Trail, Auto Relocking, Bluetooth, Built-in Alarm, Remote Control, Scheduling
Satin Nickel, Matte Black
Grade 1 (Best)
|Event Audit Trail|
3-Year Limited Electronics, Limited Lifetime Hardware and Finish
If the lock is set up with the Schlage system option (ideal for Android users or households using both Android and iOS), you’ll need to add a Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter to your home Wi-Fi network. Notifications will be enabled by default from the Schlage Sense app but can always be updated to your preference in lock settings.
After you’ve removed the lock from your app, use the app to pair the lock again. This time you will be presented with two options for set up – “Setup with HomeKit” or “Set up with Schlage System.” For your lock to compatible with both the iOS and Android smartphone app, you will need to select “Set up with the Schlage System.”
It’s important to note that virtual keys will not work with locks set up using the HomeKit option. If you’d like to take advantage of virtual keys, you will need to reset your lock to factory settings and re-pair it using the Schlage system setup noted in number 5.
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q I want it to start auto locking at night at a specific time. How do I do that? answer nowAsked by February 23, 2021 12:06 PMonAnswered by the admin
For scheduling features such as this, you would need a Z-Wave enabled version such as the Schlage BE468.
- Q Can the auto lock feature be disabled? Often I prefer to close the door and not have it lock auto... answer nowAsked by October 16, 2018 2:45 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes, you can turn the auto lock on and off through the features menu in the setup of the lock.
- Q Can I set this up and assign others code entry without using the SchlageSense app? Also, does the... answer nowAsked by November 18, 2017 9:26 PMonA Yes, you can, these locks are all stand alone locks first and you are provided with a programming code in the box for hard programming use. As for the backlit keypad, this will only be illuminated when you touch the keypad for use and then turn off after a 5 second delay time.
- Q can the backup key be same for three deadbolts on three different doors? answer nowAsked by June 19, 2017 3:28 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes, as long as they are all the same Schlage Keyway you can have all of them keyed to the same key.
- Q I am building a new house, looking for a system for the front door that can be be control by smar... answer nowAsked by December 17, 2016 8:42 AMon