SDC 491 Break Glass Emergency Door Release
Less false alarms! Compared to pull stations, this glass break release requires a swing of the aluminum rod to cut the power and unlock the door.
- Aluminum rod Blue housing with easy to read activation instructions avoids confusion with red fire alarm stations
- Aluminum rod for striking the glass is included (Not required to break the glass)
- The SDC 491 may initiate the release of an individual door or all doors on the same circuit
- 2-SPDT 10 Amp Contacts – 1-SPDT for lock release and 1-SPDT auxiliary contact for remote monitoring, CCTV activation or alarm activation
- The SDC 491 may be mounted in a 2” deep single gang back box or double gang box with plaster ring cover
- The SDC 491 may be surface mounted with a 491-BB surface mount back box
- 2 Replacement glass plates
The SDC 491 Emergency Door Release Break Glass Station provides immediate unlocking of perimeter doors or interior doors that are equipped with fail-safe electric locks.
The 491’s built in alarm may be used as a local door annunciator. The SDC 491 is specifically designed for emergency door release and may influence the approval of an electric locking system. This type of Emergency Door Release may be preferred over a pull station since greater commitment is required to break the glass.
5.5 (H) x 3.5 (W) x 1.375 (D) in.
Security Door Controls (SDC)
5 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.