Z Wave Smart Home Controller
Connect to your home WiFi and get instant access to the no-fee Vera app for one-touch control of smart locks, thermostats, sensors, and other home automation z-wave products you can view and monitor remotely.
Product Enhancements | Effective 9/8/17
Vera, Meet Alexa — Vera brings your home together for Amazon Alexa devices so you can command your home with your voice. Ask Alexa to control your light bulbs, on/off switches, dimmer switches, smart plugs, thermostats, and Scenes configured with Vera. Also ask her the status of the supported devices and to answer questions.
Vera works with Amazon Echo Show, Echo, and Echo Dot.
Note: For security reasons, Alexa cannot unlock locks and will only support Scenes with lighting- switches and dimmers, and thermostat devices at this time.
Vera works with ALL Nest thermostats
- View all your cameras and control all your devices from one easy app
- Expand your system to control over 220 devices
- No monthly fees required
- Easy, intuitive setup
- WPS easy push button pairing for Wi-Fi devices
- Improved multi-camera management
- Works locally even when your Internet goes down
- Geofencing and advanced occupancy sensing
- Trigger events for complete customization of automation scenes—by time of day, motion, day of week, sunrise/sunset
- Warranty: 12mo. hardware
- USB Port: 1
- WAN Port: 1
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Power Supply:
- Input: AC 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Output: DC 12V/1A
Download the Vera Brochure
When you enable the Vera skill inside your Alexa app, Vera becomes the nerve center of your connected home, processing exactly what you tell Alexa to do. Recommended as a best-in-class home automation system, Vera has the capability of controlling lights, locks, thermostats, fans, garage doors, and more smart devices which you can turn on and off by speaking “Alexa” to your Amazon Echo or Dot. You can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets, and motion sensors to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning off the lights, locking the doors, and closing the garage when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
VeraEdge is smaller, faster, and at a lower price point than previous Vera models!Easy yet powerful one-app control for cameras, door locks, sensors, thermostats and other home automation and security devices (sold separately) you can view and control from anywhere! Create custom scenes and sequences. Use smartphone, tablet or computer for control and setup. Vera Edge Provides home/small business security, energy savings and peace of mind. Compatible with 1200+ devices from most major brands. Z-Wave Plus and Wi-Fi wireless connections. No monthly fees are required.
A Vera Controller Unifies All Your Favorite BrandsVera Controllers go way beyond what security hubs do, working with all the big brands including Nest, Dropcam, Insteon, First Alert, Philips Hue, Linear, Schlage, Kwikset, Yale and more. View all your cameras and control everything from one easy app. Compatibility and flexiblity are what Vera is all about!
4.55 (H) x 3.13 (W) x 1.2 (D) in.
Z-Wave, Z-Wave Plus
1 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q i am just learning about this, with the hub and the lock i can setit and mange code and activity ... answer nowA
Yes, using the Vera Hub in conjunction with the software online you can add and delete codes from your lock.
The app will allow you to lock and unlock the door remotely but you cannot add and remove codes from the app. You can, however, log into the website from your smartphone and add and remove codes via your web browser.
- AThe biggest differences in the VeraEdge and the VeraPlus is that the Plus has two additional forms of communication so it is able to communicate with items that have either Bluetooth or Zigbee radios. There are additional differences in the hardware such as the Chipset and the Memory. The Edge uses 600MHz MIPS SOC for the chipset and DDR2 128MB. The Plus uses 880MHZ MIPS SoC chips and DDR3 256MB Memory. They both use WiFi, however, the Edge only uses b/g/n whereas the Plus uses a/b/g/n/ac. The next is the WAN port. for the Edge, it is the 10/100 Ethernet while for the Plus it is the Gigabit Ethernet. The last real difference is the number of compatible devices. For the Edge, it is 1200 and for the Plus it is 1500. These differences will result in an overall speed increase and greater connectivity.
- Q Can it serves as a storage/NVR? ie Managing security cameras with remote access, and hooking up t... answer nowA
This is only a hub and not a storage device. However, via the software you do have some options for cloud based storage that you can then download to an external device. This would not be something though you would use to replace a traditional DVR/NVR CCTV setup.