Z-Wave Smart Home Controller
Connect to your home WiFi and get instant access to the no-fee Vera app for one-touch control of smart locks, thermostats, sensors, and other home automation Z-Wave products you can view and monitor remotely.
- View all your cameras and control all your devices from one easy app
- Expand your system to control over 220 devices
- No monthly fees required
- Easy, intuitive setup
- WPS easy push button pairing for Wi-Fi devices
- Improved multi-camera management
- Works locally even when your Internet goes down
- Geofencing and advanced occupancy sensing
- Trigger events for complete customization of automation scenes—by time of day, motion, day of week, sunrise/sunset
- Compatible with Nest Thermostats
Amazon Alexa Compatible
- Command your home with your voice through Amazon Alexa
- Control light bulbs, on/off switches, dimmer switches, smart plugs, thermostats, and scenes connected to Vera
- Ask Alexa for the status of supported devices and answer questions
- Compatible with Amazon Echo Show, Echo, and Echo Dot devices
Note: For security reasons, Alexa cannot unlock locks and will only support Scenes with lighting switches and dimmers, and thermostat devices at this time.
- USB Port: 1
- WAN Port: 1
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Power Supply:
- Input: AC 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Output: DC 12V/1A
Download the Vera Brochure
When you enable the Vera skill inside your Alexa app, Vera becomes the nerve center of your connected home, processing exactly what you tell Alexa to do. Recommended as a best-in-class home automation system, Vera has the capability of controlling lights, locks, thermostats, fans, garage doors, and more smart devices which you can turn on and off by speaking “Alexa” to your Amazon Echo or Dot. You can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets, and motion sensors to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning off the lights, locking the doors, and closing the garage when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
VeraEdge is smaller, faster, and at a lower price point than previous Vera models!Easy yet powerful one-app control for cameras, door locks, sensors, thermostats and other home automation and security devices (sold separately) you can view and control from anywhere! Create custom scenes and sequences. Use smartphone, tablet or computer for control and setup. Vera Edge Provides home/small business security, energy savings and peace of mind. Compatible with 1200+ devices from most major brands. Z-Wave Plus and Wi-Fi wireless connections. No monthly fees are required.
A Vera Controller Unifies All Your Favorite BrandsVera Controllers go way beyond what security hubs do, working with all the big brands including Nest, Dropcam, Insteon, First Alert, Philips Hue, Linear, Schlage, Kwikset, Yale and more. View all your cameras and control everything from one easy app. Compatibility and flexiblity are what Vera is all about!
4.55 (H) x 3.13 (W) x 1.2 (D) in.
Z-Wave, Z-Wave Plus
1 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Is this device compatible with the kwikset smartcode916? answer nowAsked by May 14, 2020 12:29 AMonAnswered by the admin
It certainly is! The SmartCode 916 is fully integrated with the Vera platform.
- Q Can I use the vera edge to connect with my Kwikset smart lock 910 (Zwave plus) and can I integrat... answer nowAsked by February 21, 2020 8:25 PMonAnswered by the admin
The Kwikset 910 is certainly compatible with the Vera Edge and Vera does support Amazon integration to control your devices from your Amazon Z-Wave devices.
- Q I plan to install multiple locks within condo building. What is the range for this hub and can on... answer nowAsked by December 10, 2019 1:25 PMonAnswered by the admin
The official range of the Z-Wave radio is 100 feet. However, to factor in any potential interference, we average the range of the signal to ~50 feet. As long as the locks are within range of the hub, a single Vera Edge can control up to 220 locks/devices.
- Q i am just learning about this, with the hub and the lock i can setit and mange code and activity ... answer nowAsked by May 21, 2019 5:57 PMonA
Yes, using the Vera Hub in conjunction with the software online you can add and delete codes from your lock.
- Q Can you add and remove Yale nexTouch lock codes from the app? answer nowAsked by December 24, 2018 11:04 AMonA
The app will allow you to lock and unlock the door remotely but you cannot add and remove codes from the app. You can, however, log into the website from your smartphone and add and remove codes via your web browser.
- Q What is the difference between the Vera Edge and the Vera Plus? answer nowAsked by March 13, 2017 4:15 PMonAThe biggest differences in the VeraEdge and the VeraPlus is that the Plus has two additional forms of communication so it is able to communicate with items that have either Bluetooth or Zigbee radios. There are additional differences in the hardware such as the Chipset and the Memory. The Edge uses 600MHz MIPS SOC for the chipset and DDR2 128MB. The Plus uses 880MHZ MIPS SoC chips and DDR3 256MB Memory. They both use WiFi, however, the Edge only uses b/g/n whereas the Plus uses a/b/g/n/ac. The next is the WAN port. for the Edge, it is the 10/100 Ethernet while for the Plus it is the Gigabit Ethernet. The last real difference is the number of compatible devices. For the Edge, it is 1200 and for the Plus it is 1500. These differences will result in an overall speed increase and greater connectivity.
- Q Can it serves as a storage/NVR? ie Managing security cameras with remote access, and hooking up t... answer nowAsked by November 12, 2016 3:08 AMonA
This is only a hub and not a storage device. However, via the software you do have some options for cloud based storage that you can then download to an external device. This would not be something though you would use to replace a traditional DVR/NVR CCTV setup.