Z Wave Smart Hub Controller
Recently called a “Top 6 Smart Home Hub” from Digital Trends, VeraPlus connects your smart devices, then lets you control them from the Vera app, or with voice commands when you enable the Vera skill inside Alexa. Finally, home automation is easy.
Product Enhancements | Effective 9/8/17
Vera, Meet Alexa — Vera brings your home together for Amazon Alexa devices so you can command your home with your voice. Ask Alexa to control your light bulbs, on/off switches, dimmer switches, smart plugs, thermostats, and Scenes configured with Vera. Also ask her the status of the supported devices and to answer questions.
Vera works with Amazon Echo Show, Echo, and Echo Dot.
Note: For security reasons, Alexa cannot unlock locks and will only support Scenes with lighting- switches and dimmers, and thermostat devices at this time.
Vera works with ALL Nest thermostats
- View all your cameras and control all your devices from one easy app
- Over 1,400 compatible devices
- Works with Nest, Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, First Alert, and most other smart home and security brands
- One touch settings for Home, Away, Night and Vacation
- Expand your system to control 200+ devices
- No monthly fees required
- Easy, intuitive setup
- WPS easy push button pairing for Wi-Fi devices
- Improved multi-camera management
- Works locally even when your Internet goes down
- Geofencing and advanced occupancy sensing
- Trigger events for complete customization of automation scenes—by time of day, motion, day of week, sunrise/sunset
Download the Vera Brochure
When you enable the Vera skill inside your Alexa app, Vera becomes the nerve center of your connected home, processing exactly what you tell Alexa to do. Recommended as a best-in-class home automation system, Vera has the capability of controlling lights, locks, thermostats, fans, garage doors, and more smart devices which you can turn on and off by speaking “Alexa” to your Amazon Echo or Dot. You can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets, and motion sensors to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning off the lights, locking the doors, and closing the garage when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
The World's Most Compatible Home Controller Is Also Easiest to Use!The all-in-one VeraPlus aims to simplify and enhance your smart home experience by allowing you to connect an even wider range of smart devices including those that use Bluetooth and Zigbee. Geared towards larger homes and more demanding smart home environments, VeraPlus quickly and efficiently processes your automation commands and scenes for maximum performance. VeraPlus essentially mirrors everything VeraEdge can do, including compatibility with Z-Wave and WiFi devices, and then adds in a faster processor with more memory and the two new wireless protocols. One note of caution: Mesh networking is specific to each protocol, so a Z-Wave lamp dimmer will not act as a repeater for a distant ZigBee thermostat. Found to work flawlessly in even the most sophisticated custom installations across the world, Vera can be trusted upon to let you set it and forget it, always working in the background to guarantee the most comfortable and personalized home you imagine.
A Vera Controller Unifies All Your Favorite BrandsVera Controllers go way beyond what security hubs do, working with all the big brands including Nest, Dropcam, Insteon, First Alert, Philips Hue, Linear, Schlage, Kwikset, Yale and more. View all your cameras and control everything from one easy app. Compatibility and flexibility are what Vera is all about!
Bluetooth BLE, WiFi, Z-Wave, Zigbee
Customer Questions & Answers
- Answered by the admin
Yes, these two devices can be paired together so that you can interact with your Vera system through Google Assistant.
- Q What happens if Internet goes down, and it come back on later. The hub tries to assign new IP add... answer nowA
The vera keeps all of the programmings so even if it gets a new IP it will not affect the programming or connectivity to the product.
Yes, it is possible to operate Iris products as they are Z-wave and most functions and abilities per the Z-wave alliance will be available as Vera is a Z-wave hub.
- Q I have a iBridge at home but the scheduler is not very good. I want to be able to schedule differ... answer nowA
There are no fees for Vera. The scheduling feature is one of the best in the industry. You can do some video recording. As for the DVR neither of them will plug or wire to DVR's. You can download the videos and save them to a hard drive on a PC. We would highly recommend that you speak with our residential home automation specialists before purchasing to ensure you get the right equipment for your needs.
Using the software you are able to set scenes for specific devices which will turn lights on and off automatically.
It all comes down to features. The VeraPlus has more of them overall as it will work not only with Z-wave products but Zigbee, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi products. While the vera edge is primarily for Z-wave only. It also allows you to use more of the features on the new User Interface (UI). We would encourage you to speak with our qualified sales staff to make sure you purchase the right product for your needs to ensure you get the best one that will work for you.
- Q Can I use the VeraPlus to remotely add password for a specific scheduled time? For example, I'd ... answer nowAnswered by the admin Yes, you can, every code that you program has the option to be scheduled or without a restriction. By default the code is enabled without a restriction, however, this can be changed during the programming process. Please give our knowledgeable technicians a call and they will be more than willing to help you and walk you through this procedure. They can be reached at 937-247-9327 option 3
- Q The data sheet indicates that this hub can control at least 200 devices.....so does this mean if ... answer nowAnswered by the admin Theoretically, you would be correct. However, one of the biggest hurdles in any Zwave environment is distance. Zwave operates off a mesh network, meaning the more Zwave devices you have the stronger your network becomes. However, when it comes to locks these devices do not mesh. Due to the large information packets being sent back and forth from lock to gateway, it is advised that lock be within 15 to 30 feet of the hub. We do have devices out there to help enhance your network to reach longer ranges but it really depends on building layout and design to really know how many gateways are needed. Please call into our sales department and speak with one of our experts to help navigate the proper setup for your environment, they can be reached at 937-247-9327 option 1.
Yes, as long as your Assure lock has the Z-Wave Plus Yale Network Module it will pair with the Vera. You can then remotely log into the system via your smart phone, internet PC, and change, add or delete codes.
Yes you can, this can be done from a computer or any mobile device with the Vera app.