Rim Exit Device - Black
$254.64 – $263.10
- Secure and durable panic hardware — Economically priced!
- Door Application: Single and double doors with mullions
- Minimal door prep; Less effort, more economic
- Fits almost any door in any décor
- Patented mounting plate and strike locator
- Stainless steel, 3/4″ deadlocking Pullman-type latch bolt
- Optional — Outside trims: Easily changed or rekeyed without removing device from door. Traditional Outside Trim, and keyless trim — Lockey 310-P, Lockey 285-P, Lockey 115-P, Lockey 160-P — available
- 1/8 turn hex key dogging
- Heavy-duty angled end cap
- Heavy-duty ribbed aluminum rail extrusion in black finish
- High impact ABS and anodized surfaces
- Withstands over 1400 pounds of static pull force for greater security
- Modular design accepts a variety of outside trims and functions
- Standard pull trims available for custom order
- Door Types — Wood, Hollow Metal, Fiberglass or Aluminum
- Door Thickness: Fits standard 1-3/4″ – 2-1/4″
- Handing: Non-handed
- Field sizeable
- Covers a 161 door prep
- Door Stile — Fits 2-1/2″ stile doors with 99 surface strike (Standard). NS (Narrow Stile) models available for 2″ stile doors
- Machine and Self-Drilling Screws (Std.)
With a 10-year mechanical warranty, and meeting all industry standards and certifications, the Detex V40 rim exit device provides a durable and attractive panic hardware solution. Detex V40 series panic bars are made in a way that the end caps don’t bust off when bumped with a hospital cart, there is only a whisper of noise when the push pad is depressed, and you don’t have to make any more than one attempt at positioning the bar on the door so that it lines up perfectly with the strike. These are just a few of the reasons Detex panic bars are the most approved exit device for government, schools, and exit gates. There is little question among industry insiders the Detex brand of push bars install the easiest, give you the most for your money, and have the least amount of upkeep/repair. The V40 is a weatherproof exit device, features an aluminum back extrusion, has an angled heavy-duty plastic end cap to deflect blows, and features a gorgeous dark brown heavy-duty plastic front panel. All components other than the end cap and front panel are metal.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/4 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
10 Year Mechanical Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.