- All mechanical double-sided combination cylindrical latchbolt lock. No batteries or wires necessary. Plunger bolt to prevent jimmying or knifing of the latch
- Auto-locking with passage feature. To set passage function, (door latches shut but stays unlocked) simply enter your secret code and then enter the (Y) button. The lock will remain in the passage mode until you press the (Y) button followed by the (C) button.
- ADA compliant access
- Code can be 3-5 characters in length (a code with more or less characters requires a Tumbler Pack – sold separately at checkout)
- To enter, punch in code, push down on lever handle and open
- To lock when exiting simply shut the door behind you. It auto re-locks
- Weatherproof performance and durability
- Bump-proof security
- Door thickness: Fits doors 1 3/16″ ~ 2 5/32″ thick (extension kits available at checkout for doors up to 5″ thick)
- Backset: Adjustable
- Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty Guaranty
1 5/8 (W) x 5 1/2 (H) x 2 1/4 (D) in.
|Total Coverage with Trim Plates|
2 1/2 (W) x 6 1/2 (H) x 2 1/4 (D) in.
|ADA Lever Dimensions|
4 (W) x 1 (H) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/16 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 5/32 in.
3 to 5 Characters
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 in.
1/2 in. throw
Double Sided, Passage Mode
Keypad – Digits
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Is there any way to get a cover or shield for this style lock. The buttons tend to freeze up and ... answer nowAnswered by the admin
Yes, you can use the STI 6521 as a cover.
- Q I understand that the lock can only have one code but can the code be changed periodically? How d... answer nowAnswered by the admin
Yes, you can change the code at any time by removing the lock from the door and changing the pin code tumblers. It typically takes about five to ten minutes to change the code depending on your setup.
- Q does the door lock every time its closed? so every time you need to open the door you have to put... answer nowAnswered by the admin
Yes, it is set to auto lock everytime the door closes, unless, you choose to use the passage feature which will turn off the auto locking and allow the door to remain unlocked.
- Q Is there a weldable box for this dual sided lock to use it in a steel picket entry gate? answer nowAnswered by the admin
Yes, for use with this lock and metal gates we recommend the K-BXDIG23. Make sure to choose the steel option in the drop-down menu on the page.
- Q We want to use the doubled sided lock on a gate going into a pool area. Upon entering or leaving,... answer nowAnswered by the admin
Yes, as long as you do not use the passage feature the gate will always lock whenever it closes.
- Answered by the adminThe nice thing about this lock is there is not a need to know the throw of the latch as this lock has a specific gate box designed for it already. You only need to add the lock to your cart and the gate box will be listed below as an accessory item to purchase. You can also find it here on our website as it is the K-BXDIG23. You only need to choose if you need Steel or Aluminum when you purchase the gate box.
- Q What tools do I need to install? Also, can use this to replace a lock on our front door that simi... answer nowAnswered by the admin A standard drill and Phillips head screwdriver is used to install this lock. The lock will fit on a standard residential door with a 2 1/8" inch bored hole.
- Answered by the admin A gate box is needed when the lock you desire to install will not mount or is not prepped for the gate to be installed on. This allows you to have a properly prepped surface for the lock install.
- Answered by the admin These locks are sent to be compatible with right or left-handed swing doors and can be configured to your needed door prep during installation.