Double-Sided Mechanical Keyless Lever Lock
- All mechanical double-sided combination cylindrical latchbolt lock. No batteries or wires necessary. Plunger bolt to prevent jimmying or knifing of the latch
- Auto-locking with passage feature. To set passage function, (door latches shut but stays unlocked) simply enter your secret code and then enter the (Y) button. The lock will remain in the passage mode until you press the (Y) button followed by the (C) button.
- ADA compliant access
- Code can be 3-5 characters in length (a code with more or less characters requires a Tumbler Pack – sold separately at checkout)
- To enter, punch in code, push down on lever handle and open
- To lock when exiting simply shut the door behind you. It auto re-locks
- Weatherproof performance and durability
- Bump-proof security
- Door thickness: Fits doors 1 3/16″ ~ 2 5/32″ thick (extension kits available at checkout for doors up to 5″ thick)
- Backset: Adjustable
- Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty Guaranty
This all mechanical dual-sided lock can be used to begin a new keyless entry system or expand an existing one. When you free yourself from keys you completely eliminate the hassle of having to deal with them. Everyone knows keys just get lost or misplaced – who hasn’t bellowed “where are my keys!”
What if you could always have your key on you. Get the 2835-DC today and you will. It lets you program in a secret pass-code that you, your family, or your employees can all use. Your time (and money!) will never again be wasted looking for your keys, or waiting to be let back in. How secure is it? Put it this way, your existing locks that lend themselves to key-bumping, and unlocked or propped open doors, are hardly keeping you safe.
Your current locks – because of keys – are a risk. A new lock like the 2835-DC is 100% bump-proof. There is no key hole. What if it fails? It won’t. This lock is the result of 30+ years of functional testing. It doesn’t fail. There are no secret techniques you can use on the push-buttons to ‘knock’ the lock open or determine its cipher.
Well chronicled in security and law enforcement circles is the fact that the majority of crimes – resulting in theft, injury, or even death – are crimes of opportunity. A door that is not always locked, or that can be bumped open invites crime. Customizing your access with innovative door hardware like the 2835-DC is a prescription for security success.
Where can this lock be used? Typically on gates, and openings where access must be controlled on both sides of the door, such as in a jetway, healthcare facility, or on a residence door that has sidelight panels. Families with special needs children or parents with Alzheimer’s, may also find a two-sided lock like the 2835-DC helpful to prevent wandering.
From the inside you can set it to the same pass-code you use for entry, or a different one. There is even a passage feature built-in. This is useful for when you don’t want everyone to have to put in their code. At the touchpad you can quickly change the lock’s function from normal, to hold-open mode. The door will latch shut, but not lock. This will come in handy at your next office party when you have your clients and vendors in. Also great for your kids’ birthdays so you don’t have to give out the code to the parents and their kids.
Use the 2835-DC to upgrade your key in knob or key in lever locks. When you have a deadbolt above your knob, we recommend replacing the deadbolt with the Lockey 2210DC. For situations where you need the door to auto-lock each time, you could remove your deadbolt altogether, and then use a cover plate behind the 2835-DC. The plate will cover up the hole left by your deadbolt. To meet codes, the levers on both sides are full-size and comply with the American’s Disability Act. The levers cannot be forced or kicked off.
Installation on common doors won’t take you any longer than vacuuming out your car – and about the same amount of effort. Requiring only one extra screw hole, you’ll be able to show off your new keyless entry the day the lock arrives. Should you be installing on an exterior door, you won’t need to worry about the elements. Heavy rain, snow or ice won’t phase it. Extreme warm or cold has no effect. Even a highly concentrated salt-air ocean environment won’t cause it to lose its form or function.
1 5/8 (W) x 5 1/2 (H) x 2 1/4 (D) in.
|Total Coverage with Trim Plates|
2 1/2 (W) x 6 1/2 (H) x 2 1/4 (D) in.
|ADA Lever Dimensions|
4 (W) x 1 (H) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/16 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 5/32 in.
3 to 5 Characters
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 in.
1/2 in. throw
Double Sided, Passage Mode
Keypad – Digits
Customer Questions & Answers
The 1150 is a commercial lock while the 2835 is a residential lock. We would recommend that you speak with our sales department to ensure that you are getting the best lock for your needs.
- Q Can I set one side on passage and have the other lock with code. For pool area so they need a cod... answer nowA
Yes, you can set one side or the other to passage and keep the other side locked.
- Q Does the Marine Grade option on this lock only come in the one finish? Is the Bright Chrome Marin... answer nowA
It only comes in the Satin Chrome Finish.
- Q Is there any way to get a cover or shield for this style lock. The buttons tend to freeze up and ... answer nowA
Yes, you can use the STI 6521 as a cover.
- Q I understand that the lock can only have one code but can the code be changed periodically? How d... answer nowA
Yes, you can change the code at any time by removing the lock from the door and changing the pin code tumblers. It typically takes about five to ten minutes to change the code depending on your setup.
- Q does the door lock every time its closed? so every time you need to open the door you have to put... answer nowA
Yes, it is set to auto lock everytime the door closes, unless, you choose to use the passage feature which will turn off the auto locking and allow the door to remain unlocked.
- Q Is there a weldable box for this dual sided lock to use it in a steel picket entry gate? answer nowA
Yes, for use with this lock and metal gates we recommend the K-BXDIG23. Make sure to choose the steel option in the drop-down menu on the page.
- Q We want to use the doubled sided lock on a gate going into a pool area. Upon entering or leaving,... answer nowA
Yes, as long as you do not use the passage feature the gate will always lock whenever it closes.
- AThe nice thing about this lock is there is not a need to know the throw of the latch as this lock has a specific gate box designed for it already. You only need to add the lock to your cart and the gate box will be listed below as an accessory item to purchase. You can also find it here on our website as it is the K-BXDIG23. You only need to choose if you need Steel or Aluminum when you purchase the gate box.