Double-Sided Mechanical Keyless Lever Lock
- All mechanical double-sided combination cylindrical latchbolt lock. No batteries or wires necessary. Plunger bolt to prevent jimmying or knifing of the latch
- Auto-locking with passage feature. To set passage function, (door latches shut but stays unlocked) simply enter your secret code and then enter the (Y) button. The lock will remain in the passage mode until you press the (Y) button followed by the (C) button.
- ADA compliant access
- Code can be 3-5 characters in length (a code with more or less characters requires a Tumbler Pack – sold separately at checkout)
- To enter, punch in code, push down on lever handle and open
- To lock when exiting simply shut the door behind you. It auto re-locks
- Weatherproof performance and durability
- Bump-proof security
- Door thickness: Fits doors 1 3/16″ ~ 2 5/32″ thick (extension kits available at checkout for doors up to 5″ thick)
- Backset: Adjustable
- Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty Guaranty
This all mechanical dual-sided lock can be used to begin a new keyless entry system or expand an existing one. When you free yourself from keys you completely eliminate the hassle of having to deal with them. Everyone knows keys just get lost or misplaced – who hasn’t bellowed “where are my keys!”
What if you could always have your key on you. Get the 2835-DC today and you will. It lets you program in a secret pass-code that you, your family, or your employees can all use. Your time (and money!) will never again be wasted looking for your keys, or waiting to be let back in. How secure is it? Put it this way, your existing locks that lend themselves to key-bumping, and unlocked or propped open doors, are hardly keeping you safe.
Your current locks – because of keys – are a risk. A new lock like the 2835-DC is 100% bump-proof. There is no key hole. What if it fails? It won’t. This lock is the result of 30+ years of functional testing. It doesn’t fail. There are no secret techniques you can use on the push-buttons to ‘knock’ the lock open or determine its cipher.
Well chronicled in security and law enforcement circles is the fact that the majority of crimes – resulting in theft, injury, or even death – are crimes of opportunity. A door that is not always locked, or that can be bumped open invites crime. Customizing your access with innovative door hardware like the 2835-DC is a prescription for security success.
Where can this lock be used? Typically on gates, and openings where access must be controlled on both sides of the door, such as in a jetway, healthcare facility, or on a residence door that has sidelight panels. Families with special needs children or parents with Alzheimer’s, may also find a two-sided lock like the 2835-DC helpful to prevent wandering.
From the inside you can set it to the same pass-code you use for entry, or a different one. There is even a passage feature built-in. This is useful for when you don’t want everyone to have to put in their code. At the touchpad you can quickly change the lock’s function from normal, to hold-open mode. The door will latch shut, but not lock. This will come in handy at your next office party when you have your clients and vendors in. Also great for your kids’ birthdays so you don’t have to give out the code to the parents and their kids.
Use the 2835-DC to upgrade your key in knob or key in lever locks. When you have a deadbolt above your knob, we recommend replacing the deadbolt with the Lockey 2210DC. For situations where you need the door to auto-lock each time, you could remove your deadbolt altogether, and then use a cover plate behind the 2835-DC. The plate will cover up the hole left by your deadbolt. To meet codes, the levers on both sides are full-size and comply with the American’s Disability Act. The levers cannot be forced or kicked off.
Installation on common doors won’t take you any longer than vacuuming out your car – and about the same amount of effort. Requiring only one extra screw hole, you’ll be able to show off your new keyless entry the day the lock arrives. Should you be installing on an exterior door, you won’t need to worry about the elements. Heavy rain, snow or ice won’t phase it. Extreme warm or cold has no effect. Even a highly concentrated salt-air ocean environment won’t cause it to lose its form or function.
1 5/8 (W) x 5 1/2 (H) x 2 1/4 (D) in.
|Total Coverage with Trim Plates|
2 1/2 (W) x 6 1/2 (H) x 2 1/4 (D) in.
|ADA Lever Dimensions|
4 (W) x 1 (H) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/16 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 5/32 in.
3 to 5 Characters
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 in.
1/2 in. throw
Lever Handle Door Locks
Double Sided, Passage Mode
Keypad – Digits
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Like some of your other products do you have a gate box adapter that can be welded/bolted onto a ... answer nowAsked by Kyle Kruger on December 11, 2020 4:18 PMAnswered by the admin
We certainly do! For this lock model, you will want the Lockey GB2500 Gatebox.
- Q Is this lock battery powered, hard wired, or strictly mechanical? answer nowAsked by Daniel on October 23, 2020 9:48 PMAnswered by the admin
This model is strictly mechanical and requires no power source.
- Q What is the purpose of the X, Y, Z and C buttons on the 2835 model? answer nowAsked by Don Driggs on June 25, 2020 8:17 PMAnswered by the admin
The C button acts as your clear to clear any keypresses made at the unit. The Y button will activate passage mode when this is depressed along with your combination. The X and Z keys have no function and can be used as part of your combination.
- Q Can you have multiple codes? For example, each apartment would have their own code? answer nowAsked by Debra on May 11, 2020 7:46 PMAnswered by the admin
This lock will only support one access code at a time. If you are looking for a lock that will take multiple codes for entry, we recommend looking into an Electronic lock model.
- Q What are the differences between the 2835DC and the 3835DC models? They look similar. answer nowAsked by ALLAN RAYMOND on March 7, 2020 11:52 AMAnswered by the admin
The 3835DC is a heavier duty model compared to the 2835DC.
- Q Do you have this lock with a key on both sides as well? answer nowAsked by Mark B on January 9, 2020 12:48 AMAnswered by the admin
A key override kit can be provided for this unit if desired. For more information, please contact our sales team at 937-247-9327, option 1 or at [email protected]
- Q My ornamental iron gate has a 6 3/4” long gate box with the dead bolt above the keyed door lock. ... answer nowAsked by Kim cooper on October 28, 2019 8:36 PMAnswered by the admin
This should fit without protruding over the top of the gate box as the Lockey 2835 is 5 1/2 inches tall from bottom to top. If the gatebox has 5 inches of clearance from the center of the borehole, this should be enough clearance to mount the lock without issue.
- Q Hi, what’s the difference between the 1150dc and 2835dc? answer nowAsked by George Christides on May 30, 2019 10:36 AMAnswered by the admin
The 1150 is a commercial lock while the 2835 is a residential lock. We would recommend that you speak with our sales department to ensure that you are getting the best lock for your needs.
- Q Can I set one side on passage and have the other lock with code. For pool area so they need a cod... answer nowAsked by Mark Morefield on March 21, 2019 2:46 PMAnswered by the admin
Yes, you can set one side or the other to passage and keep the other side locked.
- Q Does the Marine Grade option on this lock only come in the one finish? Is the Bright Chrome Marin... answer nowAsked by Yvette Abrahamson on March 1, 2019 11:55 PMAnswered by the admin
It only comes in the Satin Chrome Finish.