Nest x Yale YRD540-WV
Touchscreen Smart Deadbolt Lock
Share codes, not keys. Nest and Yale have teamed up to create a sleek smart lock packed with features, including family codes, timed codes, auto-locking, tamper alerts and much more. Alone or as part of your existing Nest family, this smart lock is ready to provide superior security and peace of mind for your home.
For more information or ordering assistance, please call our Residential Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 ext 9005
- Never worry about keys getting lost, copied or stolen again – 100% key free and tamper-proof
- Create passcodes for family, guests and people you trust and revoke them at any time
- Set times when passcodes expire
- Forget to lock the door? No problem, the Next x Yale lock can lock itself
- Can replace the deadbolt you already have
- The quiet, motorized deadbolt is tapered to accommodate for misaligned doors
- Tamper and low-battery alerts (5 weeks ahead)
- 9V battery backup if the lock loses power
- LED keypad and privacy mode indicator
- Lock and unlock your door from your phone with the Nest App (iOS or Android)
- Connects through Wi-Fi and Nest app through Nest Guard or Nest Connect
- Works with Nest Secure Alarm System – Unlock the door, and the alarm disarms automatically
- Get alerts whenever someone unlocks and locks the door
*Requires either a Nest Guard or Nest Connect (see Nest x Yale with Connect bundle) to communicate with Wi-Fi network for wireless features
Nest and Yale have partnered together to bring you the the Nest x Yale Lock, a sleek and slim smart lock that doesn’t skimp on security or convenience. Through Nest smartphone app, you can access your lock right from your smart device without ever having to touch the lock. Have peace of mind by giving every member of your family their own code and always know when they leave and come home. Also give temporary timed codes for guests, sitters, and special deliveries. Low battery alerts will begin approximately 5 weeks before you need to change them, but in case the lock does lose power there is an emergency 9V battery backup located on the bottom of the lock. While the Nest x Yale Lock provides excellent security alone, it can also connect to a Nest Secure Alarm System for added capabilities, such as automatic door unlocking and alarm disarming when you enter.
The Nest × Yale Lock does not connect directly to Wi-Fi. Instead it uses Weave to connect to a Nest Connect or Nest Guard in your home. Your Connect or Guard, which connect to your Wi-Fi network, lets your lock communicate with the Nest service in the cloud and the Nest app on your phone.
4 9/16 (H) x 2 9/16 (L) x 11/16 (D) in.
7 1/16 (H) x 2 3/4 (L) x 1 9/16 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
Android 4.4 or later, iOS 10 or later
Bluetooth BLE, Weave, WiFi
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
1 in. diameter latch hole, 2 1/8 in. diameter face hole
2 3/8 to 2 3/4 in. adjustable
1 1/8 x 2 3/4 in.
Keypad – Digits, Smartphone/App
Activity Monitoring, Auto Relocking, Battery Backup, Privacy, Remote Control, Status Monitoring, Tamper Alerts, Temporary Codes, Timed Codes
Grade 2 (Better)
Battery: 14° to 131°F, Outside: –22° to 140°F
Nest, Yale Home
2 Year Electronic, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Front body: Weather Resistant
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q I just moved in to a house with one of these units. I have the code to use it, but no manual to k... answer nowAsked by June 11, 2022 12:46 PMonA
Here is a link for the lock manual: YRD540 Manual
- Q Can you delete all user codes and reset the device? answer nowAsked by May 29, 2022 3:24 PMonA
Remove the battery cover and batteries.
To remove the battery cover, you’ll need either the battery cover key that came in the box with your Nest × Yale Lock or a thumbtack. A small allen or hex wrench may also work.
- Insert the key or thumbtack into the hole on top of the battery compartment and press down firmly.
- Grip the cover near the top and pull it off while you continue to press with the key or thumbtack.
- Remove all the batteries.
- Unscrew the 2 bolts holding the mounting plate.
- Remove the mounting plate to reveal the reset button, which is located on the left side of the cable connector.
- Hold down the reset button while you put in the batteries.
- Keep holding down on the reset button until the light turns red and the lock says “Just a moment, erasing all settings.”
- Release the reset button.
- Take out one battery each from the left and right side of the lock to expose the screw holes.
- Place the mounting plate on your door and line up the screw holes.
- Screw in the 2 bolts holding the mounting plate.
- Put the 2 batteries back in.
- The Nest × Yale Lock will say “Hi, from Yale and Nest” when the reset is complete.
- Replace the battery cover.
- Q With no key as a back up for access, what happens when it won't function electronically? answer nowAsked by March 9, 2022 10:48 AMonA
This lock offers an external 9V power tap to revive the lock if the batteries are ever completely drained while the door is locked. This can be used to power the lock long enough to unlock the door and exchange the batteries inside.
- Q Is it possible to put something behind this to cover up other holes in the door? answer nowAsked by April 4, 2021 9:58 PMonA
It certainly is! We would recommend a wrap-around plate to install underneath this lock before installation. Depending on your needs, you can search our various wrap plates here: https://www.gokeyless.com/shop/door-hardware/wrap-plates-conversion-plates-cover-plates-push-plates/
The Don-Jo 256 or 258 is a good option if you need a plate to cover both the handle and the deadbolt mounting at once!
- Q Does this Nest x Yale Lock come with the Nest Connect? And if so, are any of the items refurbished? answer nowAsked by March 21, 2020 12:19 AMonA
For the Yale lock and Nest Connect bundle, you will want to follow this link: https://www.gokeyless.com/product/nest-x-yale-lock-with-nest-connect-bridge/
All items are shipped new by the manufacturer.
- Q Is there a standard Nest Warranty on this product? What are the details? answer nowAsked by February 20, 2020 2:10 PMonA
Both the lock and the Nest controller are shipped with a 2-year manufacturer warranty.
- Q Can you install this yourself or you need a professional to handle this? answer nowAsked by August 19, 2019 10:05 PMonA
This lock was designed for easy installation in the place of your current deadbolt.