Nest x Yale RB-YRD540-WV
Electronic Touchscreen Deadbolt Lock with Connect Bridge
$279.00 Select Option for Price
Share a code, not a key. Nest has partnered with Yale to create a sleek smart lock packed with features, including family codes, timed codes, auto-locking, tamper alerts and much more. Whether alone or part of your existing Nest family, this smart lock is ready to provide superior security and peace of mind.
- Never worry about keys getting lost, copied or stolen again – 100% key free and tamper-proof
- Lock and unlock your door from your phone from anywhere with the Nest App (iOS or Android) and Nest Connect*
- Create passcodes for family, guests and people you trust and revoke them at any time
- Set times when passcodes expire
- Get alerts whenever someone unlocks and locks the door
- Forget to lock the door? No problem, the Next x Yale lock can lock itself
- Can replace the deadbolt you already have
- The quiet, motorized deadbolt is tapered to accommodate for misaligned doors
- Tamper and low-battery alerts (5 weeks ahead)
- 9V battery backup if the lock loses power
- Connects through Wi-Fi and Nest app through Nest Guard or Nest Connect (included)
- Works with Nest Secure Alarm System – Unlock the door, and the alarm disarms automatically
- Can be paired with Nest Secure alarm system
- LED keypad and privacy mode indicator
- New lower Yale Navis passage lever available
*Required to lock and unlock your door remotely and receive app alerts
Nest and Yale have teamed up to bring you the the Nest x Yale Lock, a sleek and slim smart lock that doesn’t skimp on security or convenience. Through the included Nest Connect Bridge and Nest smartphone app, you can access your lock anytime and anywhere. Have peace of mind by giving every member of your family their own code and always know when they leave and come home. Also give temporary timed codes for guests, sitters, and special deliveries. Low battery alerts will begin approximately 5 weeks before you need to change them, but in case the lock does lose power there is an emergency 9V battery backup located on the bottom of the lock. While the Nest x Yale Lock with Connect provides excellent security itself, it can also connect to a Nest Secure Alarm System for added capabilities, such as automatic door unlocking and alarm disarming when you enter.
4 9/16 (H) x 2 9/16 (L) x 11/16 (D) in.
7 1/16 (H) x 2 3/4 (L) x 1 9/16 (D) in.
Keypad – Digits
1 in. diameter latch hole, 2 1/8 in. diameter face hole
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
2 3/8 to 2 3/4 in. adjustable
1 1/8 x 2 3/4 in.
Activity Monitoring, Auto Relocking, Battery Backup, Privacy/Lockdown, Remote Control, Scheduling, Status Monitoring, Tamper Alerts
Android 4.4 or later, iOS 10 or later
Bluetooth BLE, Weave, WiFi
4 to 8 Digits
English, French, Spanish
Grade 2 (Better)
Battery: 14° to 131°F, Outside: –22° to 140°F
Nest, Yale, Yale Home
2 Year Electronic, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q I have a hurricane lock on my door above my deadlock on the interior of the door, how big is the ... answer nowAsked by February 8, 2020 8:57 AMonAnswered by the admin
The interior lock portion is 2.78"W x 7.03"L x 2.02"D.
- Q What is the max number of codes that can be setup? answer nowAsked by June 6, 2019 2:07 PMonA
Per our specs page 20 codes.
- Q I prefer to use my computer (I have eye problems, so the larger the screen the better). Does this... answer nowAsked by April 14, 2019 4:05 PMonA
While the app is how it is designed to be primarily used you can use the PC to do some of the functions.
- Q Can you still use your normal key as a backup - if electricity goes out, etc. answer nowAsked by March 9, 2019 4:42 PMonA
No, this does not use a key override. You can, however, use the battery back up terminals on the lock to power it with a 9v battery long enough to enter the code and open the door so you can change the batteries.
They are two different types of systems entirely. Alexa is an AI from Amazon that operates through various Amazon connected items such as the echo and dot. While Nest is home automation system that pairs with other Z-wave devices and is controlled by an app in your phone. You can use Alexa to communicate with the lock through the Nest connect so they will work in conjunction with each other.
- Q Does this lock support NFC devices to unlock? So I can wave a phone or NFC tagged ring at the loc... answer nowAsked by January 15, 2019 12:37 AMonA
No, it does not operate with NFC. This is a keypad lock and the app allows you to remotely unlock the door, give out codes to other users and create a NEST automated home environment with other products.
- Q I have an autistic child that likes to run out in the street. When locked, does the door remain l... answer nowAsked by January 6, 2019 12:06 AMonA The deadbolt would stay locked from the inside if the child was to pull on the handle, the child would have to physically rotate the interior turnpiece on the deadbolt
- Q Is a log kept of who comes and goes? If so, for how long? answer nowAsked by November 28, 2018 8:54 PMonA
Per Nest it will let you know who comes and goes. Most typical home automation systems will use a thirty day rolling audit trail.
- Q I do not have any Nest products now. Looking to buy this Yale/Nest door lock with connect bridge.... answer nowAsked by August 30, 2018 11:33 PMonA
You are already getting the Nest Bridge with this bundle and the Nest Guard is the App that is used to connect with Nest products. So you will use the app to communicate with the products which will work through the bridge.
- Q Can the 9v battery backup be used from the outside of the door? answer nowAsked by August 24, 2018 5:07 PMonA
Yes, that is where it has to be used.