Simplex LD472 – Satin Stainless
Pushbutton Door Lock
- Light-duty, cost-effective pushbutton security lock for any doors accepting cylindrical latches
- Satin stainless (32D) (630) finish. See this same lock in bright brass
- Supports one (1) single access PIN code
- Pass-code can be 3-7 characters in length. Over 8000 possible combinations
- Smartly designed for wood and metal swing doors
- Auto-locking with passage feature. To enable passage (code-free entry), simply enter your code, followed by the ‘F’ button, then rotate lever repeatedly. To deactivate passage, simply press the ‘F’ button followed by ‘C’ button. Door will now be locked. (you can remove the passage feature easily in the field)
- Simple programming of your access code via keypad once lock is removed from the door
- Swift do-it-yourself installation with easy to follow instructions and full scale mounting template
- Two 2 1/2″ x 8″ cover plates and two 2″ gaskets supplied. Cover plates for retrofitting 2 1/8″ bore (door hole) left from existing door knob or lever locks
- Vandal resistant
- Handing: Field reversible for left and right swing doors
- No Battery; fully mechanical
- Backset: 2 3/4″ How do I measure? (Click here for this same lock with 2 3/8″ backset)
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
2 1/4 (W) x 7 7/16 (H) x 3 (D) in. (without trim plate)
2 1/4 (W) x 7 7/16 (H) x 2 1/8 (D) in. (without trim plate)
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/2 in.
3 to 7 Characters
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in., Through-Bolt Hole(s)
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 4 in.
Cast levers, Solid cast housings
Lever Handle Door Locks
Keypad – Digits
1 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can I use this to replace an old cylinder type lock? answer nowAsked by Shiva on May 18, 2020 7:50 PMAnswered by the admin
This lock can certainly replace an existing handle or deadbolt on a standard door.
- Q Is this lock appropriate for an outdoor gate? Is there a similar model for self closing outdoor g... answer nowAsked by Steve on November 16, 2019 9:56 PMAnswered by the admin
This lock can be used on an exterior gate application.
- Q how many different combinations do this lock holds answer nowAsked by pamela bivins on May 28, 2019 2:23 PMA
As it is a mechanical lock it will only hold a single code at a time. If you need more codes please contact our sales department so they can help you choose the best lock for your needs.
- Q Can this lock be paired with a panic/push bar? answer nowAsked by Sebastian on March 6, 2019 11:21 AMA
No, it cannot be paired with a panic bar. For panic bars, it would depend on the type you have but we would recommend that you speak with our sales staff to ensure that you pick the right lock for your panic bar as there are many different options.
- Q will this work for laeft and right handed doors? Is it reversible? answer nowAsked by glenn on July 30, 2018 8:02 PMA
Yes, you are able to change the handing in the field as needed.
- Q Does the combination need to be in the exact order to be able to open the door answer nowAsked by joe on January 21, 2018 12:04 PMA With these type of pin and tumbler locks, the code can be any combination of the 4 digit code programmed. For example, if the code is 1234, then 3241, 4321, 2314 ect can be used as the code to enter. You can look at the L100 series as this lock does require the exact sequence the numbers are entered in order to unlock the door. https://www.gokeyless.com/product/simplex-l1000-keyless-push-button-lock/
It takes about 5 minutes. If you're handy with turning a screw and using a pair of tweezers to re-position the tumbler pins you'll find it very easy. Just a little time consuming because you have to remove front housing from door, change code, then put housing back. We would recommend an electronic lock if you see a need to change the code more often than once a week.
- Q What happens if the lock quits working? How would you open the door? answer nowAsked by Denise on June 26, 2017 1:14 PMA
You would need to call a locksmith to gain entry, but the manufacturer is confident in it not failing to to not include a key override. There are no electronics, it's a 100% mechanical lock. We are not aware of any failing ever.