Simplex LD472 Pushbutton Door Lock – Satin Stainless
- Light-duty, cost-effective pushbutton security lock for any doors accepting cylindrical latches
- Satin stainless (32D) (630) finish. See this same lock in bright brass, and antique brass
- Supports one (1) single access PIN code
- Pass-code can be 3-7 characters in length. Over 8000 possible combinations
- Smartly designed for wood and metal swing doors
- Auto-locking with passage feature. To enable passage (code-free entry), simply enter your code, followed by the ‘F’ button, then rotate lever repeatedly. To deactivate passage, simply press the ‘F’ button followed by ‘C’ button. Door will now be locked. (you can remove the passage feature easily in the field)
- Simple programming of your access code via keypad once lock is removed from the door
- Swift do-it-yourself installation with easy to follow instructions and full scale mounting template
- Two 2 1/2″ x 8″ cover plates and two 2″ gaskets supplied. Cover plates for retrofitting 2 1/8″ bore (door hole) left from existing door knob or lever locks
- Vandal resistant
- Handing: Field reversible for left and right swing doors
- No Battery; fully mechanical
- Backset: 2 3/4″ How do I measure? (Click here for this same lock with 2 3/8″ backset)
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
2 1/4 (W) x 7 7/16 (H) x 3 (D) in. (without trim plate)
2 1/4 (W) x 7 7/16 (H) x 2 1/8 (D) in. (without trim plate)
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/2 in.
3 to 7 Characters
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Through-Bolt Hole(s), Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 4 in.
Solid cast housings, Cast levers
Keypad – Digits
1 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Answered by the admin
Yes, you are able to change the handing in the field as needed.
- Answered by the admin With these type of pin and tumbler locks, the code can be any combination of the 4 digit code programmed. For example, if the code is 1234, then 3241, 4321, 2314 ect can be used as the code to enter. You can look at the L100 series as this lock does require the exact sequence the numbers are entered in order to unlock the door. https://www.gokeyless.com/product/simplex-l1000-keyless-push-button-lock/
It takes about 5 minutes. If you're handy with turning a screw and using a pair of tweezers to re-position the tumbler pins you'll find it very easy. Just a little time consuming because you have to remove front housing from door, change code, then put housing back. We would recommend an electronic lock if you see a need to change the code more often than once a week.
You would need to call a locksmith to gain entry, but the manufacturer is confident in it not failing to to not include a key override. There are no electronics, it's a 100% mechanical lock. We are not aware of any failing ever.
- Q Would this work in subzero conditions? Is this at all battery powered or 100% mechanical? I want ... answer nowAnswered by the admin
This lock is 100% mechanical and will work in subzero temperatures, however, to avoid issues we also recommend using a weather guard cover to help keep ice from forming on the inside and outside of the keys and freezing them in place.
- Answered by the adminYes, this is a mechanical lock which can be used in any environment. However, for longevity purposes, it is recommended that you add a silicone lube which can be applied to the interior of the lock which will help with salt resistance. You can also purchase the 1150MG or the 2835MG which are both designed specifically for coastal usage.