Detex V40 EB
Alarmed Rim Exit Device
$345.28 – $353.83
- Models V40xEB and V40xEBxCD
- Battery operated alarm
- Secure and durable alarmed panic hardware — Economically priced!
- Door Application: Primary and secondary exits
- Minimal door prep; Less effort, more economic
- Fits almost any door in any décor
- Powered by standard 9-volt battery
- State-of-art electronics offer reliable security and instantaneous alarm
- Field selectable key rearm or 2 min. auto rearm
- Visual and audible arming indicators
- Armed and disarmed field selectable status indicator
- Patented back plate and plastic strike locator provide paperless template for perfect alignment with door and frame
- Stainless steel, 3/4″ deadlocking Pullman-type latch bolt
- 1/8 turn hex key dogging
- Heavy-duty angled end cap
- Heavy-duty ribbed aluminum rail extrusion
- High impact ABS and anodized surfaces
- Withstands over 1400 pounds of static pull force for greater security
- Traditional Outside Trim, and keyless trim — Lockey 310-P, Lockey 285-P, Lockey 115-P, Lockey 160-P, Simplex 5010 — available
- Single mortise cylinder (sold separate) provides arming and dogging. Accommodates all types of mortise cylinders with a standard Yale cam (collar required for 7-pin IC cylinders)
- 10 Year Mechanical/3 Year Electrical Limited Manufacturer Warranty
- Door Types — Wood, Hollow Metal, Fiberglass or Aluminum (Aluminum doors need to be ordered as a Narrow Stile (NS))
- Door Thickness: Fits standard 1-3/4″ – 2-1/4″
- Handing: Non-handed
- Field sizeable
- Covers a 161 door prep
- Door Stile — Fits 2-1/2″ stile doors with 99 surface strike (Standard). NS (Narrow Stile) models available for 2″ stile doors
- Machine and Self-Drilling Screws (Std.)
With the Detex V40xEB alarmed panic device on your exit doors, you'll have what you need to warn people these doors are only to be used in the event of an emergency. When someone does push on the bar to exit, a 100dB alarm will sound, letting you, people nearby, store security, or a manager know an exit door has been opened. If there is no visible emergency, at least you will have immediate notification to check things out. While someone likely pushed on the bar inadvertently, the reality is, many times thieves will attempt to escape with stolen property through these doors because of where they are located, thinking either the alarm isn't loud enough, or that it doesn't work. That's why Detex V40 alarmed exit bars are a top choice among lead estimators and project managers for commercial and government properties. Detex V40 alarmed panic devices are durable, Grade 1 exit bars, feature heavy-duty plastic, angled end-caps which you don't see dangling off like you do on other bars, and meet all life safety concerns and building code requirements. It's no surprise their quality is this good, Detex has been around for over a century. With quality this high, you save over the life of the device, and enjoy trouble-free protection. And consider also the patent pending design. There won't be any mistakes when you go to mount it because of the secure installation. Not only does this save time, it increases door security, and reduces maintenance. Preventing loss, controlling foot traffic, and reducing employee and customer theft can now be achieved.
|Door Opening Size|
36 in., 48 in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/4 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
10 Year Mechanical/3 Year Electrical Limited Manufacturer