Kaba E-Plex E5700
Extra Heavy-Duty Grade 1 Electronic PIN/Prox lock
$1,307.69 – $1,384.62
The Kaba E-Plex E5700 is a Extra Heavy-Duty PIN/Proximity lock featuring E-Plex’s Patented LectroBolt technology. No more having to run wires at the door, eliminating the risk of damage from pinched wires. Loss-prevention and access control challenges are met head-on at a fraction of the time and cost of primitive wired systems.
For more information or ordering assistance, please call our Commercial Project Specialists at 877-439-5377
- Extra Heavy-Duty ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 Dual Credential PIN/Prox lock
- Features LearnLok™ programming. New! Pull audit trails with Auditor Kit without needing to purchase software
- Stand-alone advanced access control at one-fifth (1/5) the cost of primitive systems. A new standard in institutional facility management
- Tested extensively in outdoor and marine environments; performed flawlessly
- Cylindrical latchbolt locking mechanism (latch includes a 1/4″ deadlocking plunger bolt to prevent jimmying)
- Supports Up to 3000 Users: Pass-codes can be 4-8 digits in length (high security with over 100 million possible combinations)
- Program at keypad, card reader, or via PC
- You determine what’s required for access; PIN only, PROX card only, or PIN + PROX card
- Network and PC Programming (offline): Requires laptop/netbook (mini-laptop) and E-Plex Enterprise Implementation Kit (sold separately at checkout)
- HID, and 125 kHz, 26 to 84-bit format type prox cards are supported (HID cards available at checkout) Have existing magstripe or ID badges you want to use? No problem, simply add the HID adhesive prox tags at checkout
- Audible and Visual Programming Indicators; visual tamper indicator
- Three Operating Modes: PIN/card access, passage (can be toggled on/off or pre-programmed to re-lock after certain number of hours), and lockout mode
- Five authority levels lets you control who can do what
- Time-Determined Access: Using software you can program up to 16 different access schedules, and up to 32 holiday/vacation time blocks (i.e., door auto-unlocks at 9am, and auto-locks at 6pm, or users in group 1 only have access from 10am to 4pm)
- First Manager In Feature: Lock does not go to passage mode (enter without code) until the first privileged user’s credential is presented
- Passage mode can be manually toggled at the lock
- Track entries of who entered and when with built-in audit trail (unit stores last 30,000 events)
- Battery Operation: 180,000 cycles on 4 AA alkaline batteries, included. Batteries located in interior housing cover. Low battery indicator. Non-volatile memory; lock’s data preserved if batteries fail
- Optional remote unlock feature
- Vandal resistant, solid metal push buttons
- Patented LectroBolt ‘sandwich-fitting’ yields a 90% reduction in installation time over wired access control systems. Instructions and two-hole drilling template supplied
- Fits virtually all left and right swing doors
- Finish: Choose from multiple architectural finishes including standard satin chrome (626) and premium finishes. Premium finishes may be subject to 2-3 week lead time
- Emergency Key Override: Universal 6 pin cylinder (common for commercial applications) with Schlage C keyway provided. Two nickel silver keys, and 4 additional tailpieces (part that connects outside lock to inside lock) included. These tailpieces allow you to use other name brand cylinders in the lock should you choose.
- 2 3/4″ Backset included (2 3/8″ available at checkout); How do I measure?
- 3-year manufacturer warranty from date of install; memory has a built-in warranty counter
Industries Benefit from E-Plex Electronic Card LocksAchieving remarkable results is easy with E-Plex dual PIN/Prox locks. Companies from the banking, transportation, institutional, healthcare, education, and aviation industries rely on the unshakable confidence of having E-Plex protecting their openings and assets from unauthorized entry or access. Loss-prevention and access control challenges are met head-on at a fraction of the time and cost of primitive wired systems.
Unique Card Lock Design Promotes SavingsFeaturing E-Plex's Patented LectroBolt technology, the 5700 Series abolishes having to run wires to or through the door, while eliminating the risk of damage from pinched wires. The outcome is even more money saved on implementation and installation. Security professionals say this is one of the easiest card locks on the market to install.
Card Access Control Solution You Can TrustFrom the 145 year old principal leader in security solutions and built on five decades of accomplished engineering success, the E-Plex prox is reassuringly sturdy, functionally comprehensive, and a true workhorse. There is nothing else like it. Want to make your workplace more secure without sacrificing any convenience? E-Plex prox locks help you figure it out.
8 7/8 (H) x 3 3/8 (W) x 3 13/16 (D) in.
8 7/8 (H) x 3 13/16 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
|Event Audit Trail|
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-31° to 151°F (-35° to 66°C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
-31 °F to +130 °F (-35 °C to 55 °C)
Solid cast exterior housing, Solid cast, ADA-compliant levers
2 3/4 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in., Through-Bolt Hole(s)
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 5 in.
E-Plex Wireless, Kaba E-Plex
Audit Trail, Passage Mode, Scheduling, Timed Codes
Lever Handle Door Locks
Key, Keypad – Digits, Proximity Card/Fob
3-hour UL/ULC fire rating for A labeled doors
Grade 1 (Best)
Grade 1 (Best)
3 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Does this lock have interior emergency egress without a PIN code or card? answer nowAsked by May 4, 2022 4:13 PMonA
The interior handle is a passage handle and will always allow free egress without the need of a PIN code or proximity card to unlock the door from the inside.
- Q Follow up question, can some users be programed as PIN only while other users are programmed as B... answer nowAsked by August 29, 2021 10:16 PMonA
They certainly can be! Each user can be assigned either a PIN code, a proximity card, or both!
- Q Can you load multiple bit formats into the lock at the same time, i.e. 26 bit Wegand and 35 bit W... answer nowAsked by August 29, 2021 8:58 PMonA
This lock supports proximity cards with formats between 26 to 84-bit. You are able to enroll multiple cards with different bit formatting at the same time.
- Q Does this system require a service representative to do the installation of the locks and software? answer nowAsked by July 13, 2020 2:54 PMonA
Not at all! This model includes simple installation instructions for end-users. Please keep in mind that additional holes may need to be drilled through your door for proper mounting (template is included).
- Q When my installer put my this lock on my door, it needed the “master code”. Where do I get that ?... answer nowAsked by July 25, 2019 12:41 PMonA
The factory default master code for these units is '12345678'. The reset instructions to restore this code can be found on page 13 of your installation manual if needed.
- Q Can a prox card be programmed to this lock with out any additional software? answer nowAsked by January 9, 2018 11:36 PMonA In order for this lock to be utilized, you must use the proprietary software that Kaba has developed. We have provided the link below. Once you have this software you will be able to program cards and users into your lock as well as unlock all the features that this lock enables you to have. https://www.gokeyless.com/product/kaba-eplex-enterprise-implementation-kit/A noA Yes, you can enroll cards at the lock - software is not required. (# 87654321 # 100 # 022 # Present Card ##) Step 1: Press # (8 digit master) # 100 Step 2: Enter Available User ID Location (001-299) Example: 001 Step 3: Present Card: Green LED indicates card is read - Enter # #
- Q I have a set of hid prox cards/ fobs on another system. Will this lock work with them? answer nowAsked by January 25, 2017 1:17 PMonA
The E5700 lock works with most standard Weigand 125kHz 26 bit cards. We would need to know your card format in order to know for sure. GoKeyless is a full service operation, you can send us your card that you have currently and we will test the format for you to confirm its compatibility.