Kwikset SmartCode 914
Z-Wave Plus Push Button Remote Deadbolt
Featuring Home Connect and Z-Wave Plus for wireless communication with other devices in the home. A web enabled device may be used to remotely check the door lock status, lock or unlock the door and receive text or email messages.
- Lock talks wirelessly to security and home automation systems via Z-Wave Plus
- Up to 30 customizable user codes with Z-Wave Plus, 16 standalone for family, guests and service professionals
- 4 to 8 digit code length
- Lock and check status with Amazon Alexa via Vera, Samsung SmartThings and/or Wink
- SmartCode Deadbolts Replace any Deadbolt for Keyless Entry Convenience
- Dramatically reduced interior size and sleek metal design
- One Touch Locking: Lock Your Door with the Touch of a Button
- 30 user codes plus master code feature for added security
- 10-Digit Back-Lit Keypad for Increased Visibility
- Customizable Automatic Door Locking After 30 Seconds for Peace Of Mind
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin & tumbler locks
- Emergency Back-up Key using SmartKey technology: The lock you can re-key yourself in seconds in three easy steps
- Installs In Minutes with just a Screwdriver – No Hard Wiring Required
- Z-Wave remote controllable
- Fits Standard Doors ( 1 3/8”- 2” ) with No Screw Holes Required
- 1” x 2-1/4” round corner standard faceplate with round corner strike 2-3/8” x 2-3/4”
- Single cylinder deadbolt function with 1” throw and steel bolt
- SmartKey Re-Key Technology
- Adjustable Backset: 2-3/8” or 2-3/4”
- 1 Year Electronic Warranty
- Lifetime Finish & Mechanical Warranty
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
Looking to use voice commands to lock your door with Amazon Alexa? Simply pair the Kwikset wireless lock to the VeraPlus controller and then enable the Vera skill inside the Alexa app. Speak “Alexa, lock the front door” to your Amazon Echo or Dot, and Vera will lock the door. Cool part is you can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets and other devices to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning the lights off and locking the doors when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
4 7/16 (H) x 2 5/8 (W) x 1 3/16 (D) in.
5 3/4 (H) x 2 3/4 (W) x 2 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
4 to 8 Digits
Front body: Weather Resistant
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-40°F – 180°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
32°F – 122°F
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 4 in.
Key, Keypad – Digits
Auto Relocking, Remote Control, Status Monitoring, Z-Wave Plus
Grade 2 (Better)
Kwikset Recodeable (KW1)
40 ft. (increase range with repeaters / mesh network)
UL 20 min.
1 Year Electronic, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Ring Video Doorbell
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q How do you get the inside cover off the lock to change the batteries, it doesn't want to come off? answer nowAsked by August 4, 2021 10:18 AMon
- Answered by the admin
Follow the below to enroll a new access code on the Smartcode 914:
1.) Make sure the door is Open. Press the Program button once.
2.) Enter a new user code between 4 and 8 digits. Up to 30 codes can be enrolled at once.
3.) Press the Lock button once.
4.) One green flash with one beep indicates that the code has been successfully enrolled. Three red flashes mean that the code may already be enrolled or that the lock has reached its 30 code capacity.
- Q Can you unlock and lock the door with a smartphone ? answer nowAsked by August 23, 2019 12:38 PMonAnswered by the admin
If you are using a Smart Hub that supports smartphone access (such as Vera) with this unit, then yes, you would be able to unlock and lock the door from your mobile phone.
- Q Greetings, For the Smartcode 914 can it be unlocked with a key if the batteries go dead? answer nowAsked by October 2, 2018 7:55 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes, it has a key back up that you can use to open the door should the batteries go dead.
- Q Is this or any of your smart locks compatible with spectrum IntelligentHome? answer nowAsked by August 12, 2018 11:40 AMonAnswered by the admin
Per the Z-wave Alliance all Z-wave products are designed to connect to other Z-wave hubs, however, they may be limited in what they can do or how they work. For the Kwikset products, it would be a better question for your HUB manufacturer as they would know specifically what locks they have tested and know work with their product.